Mission & Vision
Winnipeg is a creative city, where art is integrated into all people’s lives. All people have access to the arts, are able to participate in the arts, value the arts, and are enriched by the arts.
The Winnipeg Arts Council funds, supports, and champions development of the arts on behalf of the people of Winnipeg.
The Corporation is an independent not-for-profit Corporation, created and mandated by the City to carry out the objects stipulated in its Articles of Incorporation by undertaking the following responsibilities:
- managing and carrying out the City’s arts and cultural funding programs, exercising final arm’s length authority to approve and issuing cultural grants;
- presenting for approval to the Standing Policy Committee on Protection and Community Services, a three (3) year Arts and Culture Business Plan to be adopted on an annual basis;
- managing a conditional grant from the City designated to fund the approved programs;
- advising the City on cultural policy;
- exploring partnerships and initiatives with other funding bodies, foundations and other groups;
- presenting to the City an Annual Report and an Audited Financial Statement;
- developing and maintaining a cooperative relationship with all City departments and staff working in cultural areas.
- managing and administering the City’s Public Art Policy and Program