Winnipeg Fringe Theatre Festival: Volunteer Manager, Application Deadline March 20
Under the direction of the Festival Manager, the Volunteer Manager is responsible for initiating the volunteer application process and supervising the department to recruit, schedule, and train the festival's 700-plus volunteers.
This role requires a self-starter who is comfortable working independently when required but thrives in the team environment. The Volunteer Manager must be an organized and detailed individual who will have excellent interpersonal & communication skills and will leverage previous experience successfully managing volunteer programs to reach targets for volunteer recruitment and training.
- Update the annual volunteer applications along with task descriptions
- Recruit new Team Leader volunteers
- Schedule and manage the online volunteer management system, Better Impact
- Create an environment that recognizes and respects the role and importance of volunteers
- Organize and lead group and individual volunteer training sessions
- Support and assist the volunteers in our festival hospitality centre
- Plan and execute our volunteer appreciation events and recognition programs
- Deal with concerns or complaints about volunteers and resolve issues related to volunteer performance
- Play a lead role in the coordination and adherence to safety procedures
- Actively participate in team meetings as required;
- Liaise with members of other staff departments as required;
- Other duties as assigned
Experience / Skills:
- Experience and high degree of ability for managing groups of people
- Experience with Microsoft Office is crucial
- Interpersonal & communication skills (written and verbal)
- Creative problem solving ability
- Ability to work with a team, operate under pressure, multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work long days while maintaining a positive atmosphere. Some evenings and weekend hours will be required
- Knowledge of the Fringe theatre movement in Canada will be considered an asset
This is a full-time, 16 week contract position.
Pre-fest schedule: 9am – 5pm (with one hour off for lunch), Monday – Friday. Some evening and weekend hours will be required for volunteer training sessions.
Festival schedule (July 17-28, 2019): A daily shift (approximately 8 hours in length) throughout the 12-day festival, with one day off. Filling in for days off for other staff as required.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 20, 2019.