Arts AccessAbility Network Manitoba: Part-Time Administrative Director, Application Deadline April 3
Application Deadline: Wednesday April 3rd, 11:59pm
Arts AccessAbility Network Manitoba (www.aanm.ca) is dedicated to the full inclusion of artists and audiences with disabilities into all facets of the arts community.
Our mandate is to facilitate a network of artists and stakeholders from both the arts and disability communities that supports artists with disabilities in achieving individual artistic excellence, promotes higher visibility of these artists within all disciplines and promotes policies and practices intended to make the arts more accessible to all Manitobans.
The Administrative Director reports to the Board of Directors and works collaboratively with the Chairperson and Board on developing artistic programming, financial management and strategic planning for the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Word), QuickBooks and WordPress
- Working knowledge of social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc.
- Good organizational skills
- Exceptional writing skills
- General knowledge of the arts and disability arts
- Valid Driver's License an asset
Time: 20 hours per week minimum, some evenings and weekends required
- Assist with day to day operations of AANM
- Handle correspondence (written, telephone and e-mail)
- Build and maintain membership database
- Maintain files and keep accurate daily and weekly financial records
- Update and maintain AANM website with new material, research, news, events, images and etc. using WordPress
- Update and maintain social media postings: Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook etc.
- Create and produce newsletters on Mailchimp every 3 months
- Recruit, supervise and manage volunteer base
- Organize monthly board meetings, prepare agenda, circulate minutes
- Attend Board meetings and present monthly Administrative reports
- Organize Annual General Meeting – book and prepare space and reports
- Organize member workshops as required
- Supervise AANM events, including set-up and take-down of exhibits
- Research and write grant applications, funding options and sponsorships opportunities
- Participate in occasional conferences/conventions on behalf of AANM, including some evenings and weekends
- Be an ambassador for AANM
To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
1) CV (max 3 pages), including your contact information
2) Cover letter or letter of intent
3) 1 recent writing sample (for example: artist statement, grant submission, artist biography, essay, or presentation)
4) 3 references