Aboriginal Peoples Television Network: Executive Assistant- HR (Winnipeg), Application Deadline March 21
A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first national Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, we share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Here's what we can offer you:
As a Top 100 employer in Canada, taking care of our people is our priority. In addition to our fun, flexible team environment our total rewards package includes: comprehensive company paid health and dental coverage, an employer matched - Defined Contribution pension plan and an employee/family assistance plan. Other highlights include a 35 hour work week as well as training & development assistance, which is highly encouraged. It is important to us, that we support you and your success during your time with us. That's why our total rewards are designed to help you achieve overall balance personally and professionally, both now and into your future.
Highlights of this opportunity:
- Oversees departmental administrative procedures for APTN and its subsidiaries, ensuring adherence to current policies;
- Maintains HR documents for APTN and its subsidiaries;
- Assists with recruitment and selection process for APTN and its subsidiaries (creates competition files, assists with circulating postings, tracks applicants, performs background checks, etc) including all onboarding responsibilities and orientation sessions;
- Generates ad hoc reporting and a variety of ad hoc project requests;
- Processes T & D requests and maintains electronic and physical data;
- Arranges departmental travel, accommodations; conference calls, meetings, training facilities, catering etc;
- Orders departmental office/onboarding supplies and maintains inventory;
- Prepares purchase orders, cheque requisitions, tracks departmental expenses including Visa reconciliations;
- Maintains organizational charts;
- Coordinates and processes employee recognition letters and awards;
- Takes minutes for APTN - CMG joint committee and other meetings as required;
- Participates and maintains data for Health Safety & Wellness Committee;
- Maintains records management for department.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
- A diploma or certificate in relevant discipline and proven related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Advanced MS Office experience including Excel, Word, Outlook;
- Experience using ADP or other HRMS software is an asset;
- Proven time management skills, attention to details and a strong customer focus;
- Experience preparing minutes is required.
Your new opportunity awaits; come and see what makes us one of Canada's top employers!
Click ere to join our team today. Please apply before March 21, 2019.