Manitoba Chamber Orchestra: Director of Development, Application Deadline April 15
The Manitoba Chamber Orchestra invites applications for the full-time position of Director of Development with a potential starting date of June 1, 2019. One of Canada's top orchestras, the MCO offers a collegial work environment with scope for personal and professional development. Since 1972, audiences have enjoyed our concerts in live performance, on tour, and through recordings and broadcasts. Recognition has come through three JUNO award nominations and a Western Canadian Music Award nomination. We strive to deliver innovative and entertaining programming, and we value creative thinking and problem-solving in all aspects of our work.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Director of Development is responsible for planning, executing, and evaluating fundraising strategies to meet or exceed revenue goals for personal and corporate donations, endowment donations, foundations, and sponsorships, and will support board efforts to raise funds through special events. Areas of responsibility include developing and implementing fundraising plans in conjunction with the Managing Director, Marketing and Communications Manager, Fundraising Manager, Board of Directors, and Designer. This is an equal and inclusive job opportunity.
· Related university degree or college diploma
· Minimum of five years related experience in the not-for-profit sector
· Recognized fundraising accreditation or equivalent work experience
· Ability to build relationships with donors, sponsors, funders, board members
· Experience working with a patron database; MCO uses Sumac. Should also be familiar with Word and Excel.
· Works effectively as a collaborative member of the administration
· Embraces a high level of personal and professional integrity
· Well-organized and self-motivated
· High professional standards and acute attention to detail
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· Passion for music
Deadline for applications: April 15, 2019. Visit www.themco.ca for more information about the Manitoba Chamber Orchestra. A detailed job description is available upon request. Please send a resume and a covering letter explaining why you are interested in this position to: Vicki Young, Managing Director, Manitoba Chamber Orchestra, Unit Y300 Portage Place, 393 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, MB R3B 3H6 or by email to email@example.com. No telephone inquiries please.