Aboriginal Peoples Television Network: APTN Scholarship Program, Application Deadline June 28
APTN Scholarship Program
APTN is committed to the development of Indigenous professionals across Canada. Our Scholarship Program is intended to provide support to First Nation, Inuit, and Metis students in a course of studies leading to full time employment.
● You are a First Nation, Inuit, or Metis permanent resident of Canada;
● You are enrolled or accepted in a minimum 2 year, full time program with an accredited Canadian educational institute;
● You will have maintained a minimum overall average of 65% or above and provide a transcript of grades;
● Applicants cannot be employed by APTN, be a Board member, or the family of an APTN employee or Board member;
● You are actively involved in the Indigenous community.
Three scholarships valued at $2,000 each will be awarded to one First Nations student, one Inuit student and one Metis student. This award may be applied to academic and/or living costs. Upon successfully meeting the eligibility criteria and completing the application, finalists will be required to participate in an informal interview as part of the final selection process.
Interested students must submit application online and include the following items:
● A copy of your recent resume;
● A copy of your recent transcripts;
● Proof you are enrolled or accepted in a minimum 2 year, full time program with an accredited Canadian educational institute;
● Two letters of recommendation from previous instructors or employers. Reference letters should include the name, address and phone number of the person providing the reference (references cannot be members of your immediate family (i.e.: parents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, or grandparents) ;
● A brief one page essay outlining your career goals, why you want to work in your area of study, how this scholarship will help you achieve your career goals, how you feel you can affect your community through your area of study, how you are actively involved in your community and any other information you feel is relevant to this application.
Please complete application by clicking on the link below by 3 pm CST Friday June 28, 2019