Aboriginal Peoples Television Network: Summer Student- Department Assistant HR (Winnipeg), Application Deadline May 23
A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first national Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, we share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Highlights of this opportunity:
Are you currently enrolled in a post-secondary program related to Human Resources or Business Administration? Do you enjoy juggling multiple priorities in a fast paced environment? Are you ready to complement your knowledge with valuable hands on experience during your summer break? If you said yes, then we are looking forward to hearing from you.
- Fields incoming requests and responds independently, or forwards to appropriate person;
- Maintains personnel data physically and electronically;
- Prepares routine correspondence, compiles data, and other information;
- Assists with the recruitment process including; creating competition files, tracking applications/resumes, reference checking, updating recruitment contacts and applicant data maintenance;
- Processes, orientation and hiring documentation for new employees;
- Provides relief to Human Resources team members as required;
Your accomplishments and experience include:
- Secondary and post-secondary students aged 15 – 30 who were registered as full-time students during the preceding academic year and who intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- A keen eye for the details, strong computer skills;
- Solid time management skills as you'll need to meet a variety of set deadlines;
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
Your new opportunity awaits; come and see what makes us one of Canada's top employers!
Click here to join our team today. Please apply before Thursday, May 23, 2019.