Aboriginal Peoples Television Network: Summer Student- News Department Assistant (Winnipeg), Application Deadline May 23
Are you currently enrolled in a post-secondary program related to Broadcasting? Do you want to complement your knowledge with valuable hands on experience, during your summer break? If you said yes, then we are looking forward to hearing from you.
A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first national Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, we share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Highlights of this Opportunity:
- Shooting and editing news materials for News & Current Affairs programming;
- Performing editing functions;
- Organizing program material including audio, video, graphics, titles, bins, clips, and sequences within the editing system;
- Assists the technical crew, production/support staff and the on-air hosts with a variety of productions;
- Ensures the secure handling and storage of confidential documents;
- Assists other team members and carries out other duties as needed and assigned.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
- Secondary and post-secondary students aged 15 – 30 who were registered as full-time students during the preceding academic year and who intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- A keen eye for the details, strong computer skills;
- Solid time management skills as you'll need to meet a variety of set deadlines;
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
Your new opportunity awaits; come and see what makes us one of Canada's top employers!
Click here to join our team today. Please apply before Thursday, May 23, 2019.