Portage la Prairie Parks Committee: Call to Artists - Simplot Central Park Interactive Water Feature, Application Deadline June 28
Simplot Central Park is a multimillion dollar investment in the North West part of the City. Phase 2 of this park is the installation of an interactive water fountain. The Portage Parks Committee feels that the art for this park should not only be unifying, but also be thought provoking and eloquent. This art piece should reflect the diversity and uniqueness of Portage la Prairie, while expressing the park's main concept/theme, unity.
The Portage la Prairie Parks Committee would like to extend an invitation to artist/s for the submission of a letter of intent outlining interest and plan of design for Simplot Central Park's 2nd component: The Interactive Water Feature. The letter along with a portfolio of most recent work, is to be submitted by email, or at the PCRC office. Copies only. We are encouraging artists to think outside of the box. It is imperative to recognize that because this project was a desire of the community, and born of that desire, the collaborative process is as important as the end result.
Rules of entry:
- The theme of the interactive fountain must be "Unity"
- Partnerships in the community must be utilized
- Artist/s must work with landscaping architect of Portage Parks Committee's choosing
- Artist/s must work with a budget of $40,000.00 (this is to include artist fees, materials, work, maintenance, insurable components) PLEASE NOTE: Some items are listed in the Interactive Water Feature's budget separately (i.e., lighting, landscaping). A budget breakdown can be obtained
- Approximately 1500 Square feet of space to work with
- All entries must be submitted no later than June 28th, 2019,
- Notification of acceptance into Jury stage by September 13th, 2019
- Artist/s chosen will be notified pending City Council approval
Please submit to:
PCRC at 56 Royal Road N. Portage la Prairie, MB, R1N 1V1