Aboriginal Peoples Television Network: Camera Editor (Casual) Multiple locations, Application Deadline June 18
Camera Editor (Casual) Multiple locations
Thunder Bay, Iqaluit, Whitehorse and Yellowknife
A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first National Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, we share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Highlights of this opportunity:
Do you enjoy chasing the story, being creative with your work and showcasing your passion for the industry? Do you value your independence; enjoy meeting new people and are you always looking for the "shot"? If you said yes, then this is the opportunity you have been waiting for! We are seeking members to join our team in Thunder Bay, Iqaluit, Whitehorse and Yellowknife.
- Cover a variety of shoots, including political stories, current events, rallies/protests and cultural festivals;
- Meet and develop new contacts, as you travel nearby and to remote communities;
- Join a team that provides coverage of the issues facing Indigenous communities locally, nationally and worldwide;
- Showcase great time management skills as you juggle multiple deadlines;
- Collaborate with team members and work well independently;
- Demonstrate strong communication skills while interacting with the public and remote colleagues;
- Use HD technology and receive full technical support from our Winnipeg broadcast technicians.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
- A diploma or certificate in a related discipline with proven current daily news broadcast experience;
- Hands on experience with but not limited to: Sony XDCAM cameras and vtr's, audio boards, ENG lighting techniques, and various Avid editing platforms;
- A valid driver's license, clear driver's abstract, and a vehicle, since you'll be travelling to obtain stories to share;
- Strong written and verbal communication;
- A sensitivity and understanding of culture and issues relevant to Indigenous communities;
- Strong computer/internet/social media familiarity and knowledge of broadcast technology/troubleshooting.
Your new opportunity awaits, come and see what makes us one of Canada's top employers!
Click here to join our team today. Please apply before Tuesday June 18, 2019.
Please include a link to your demo, with application.