Prairie Theatre Exchange: General Manager, Application Deadline April 3
For 47 years, Prairie Theatre Exchange has been an integral part of Manitoba's arts and cultural infrastructure and a catalyst in the development of innovative contemporary theatre and drama education. We are seeking a visionary leader for the role of General Manager to continue PTE's success and build greater visibility for the organization while delivering on the mission:
- To operate a professional theatre of high calibre for the entertainment and edification of a broad spectrum of people.
- To oversee theatre education to encourage appreciation of theatre and to provide accessible, high quality, innovative drama classes/workshops.
- To support the development of new plays.
- To foster theatre arts-related endeavours of others through use of our facilities and expertise.
About Prairie Theatre Exchange:
Operating within a $2.2 million dollar budget, the company has an excellent track record of stability and is known as a great place to work. Our season includes 5 mainstage productions, a family holiday play, a TYA tour (which tours throughout Winnipeg and Manitoba), a LEAP series of 2 – 3 plays, the Festival of New Works and theatre education providing professional development as well as recreational classes for ages 6 through adult. To assist and encourage artists, PTE supports two Playwright Units that include a mix of new and established playwrights who encompass a broad range of personal experience.
About the Role:
We are seeking a General Manager who can continue our commitment to excellence and embrace the challenge of combining innovation with fiscal responsibility. The General Manager is part of a 2-person Senior Management Team, which also includes the Artistic Director, each of whom reports individually to the Board of Directors. This team works collaboratively to fulfill the mandate of the company.
Key expectations of the General Manager include:
- Managing and administering the operation of the PTE and the development and implementation of the budget in accordance with the financial targets as set by the Board;
- Being detail-oriented with experience in financial management and general accounting concepts possessing the ability to communicate financial matters;
- Staffing and oversight of the accounting, box office, front of house, touring, marketing, communications and development departments;
- Managing all personnel and human resource related issues and keeping the Board apprised of any matters which may require the Board's attention.
The successful candidate will be dynamic leader with:
- Leadership experience at a senior level with the ability to balance day to day responsibilities while executing on high level strategic objectives and have the experience and people skills to build relationships, inspire confidence in their team and with stakeholders.
- Compelling communication skills with a successful fundraising track record and grant writing experience.
- Exceptional relationship management ability with diverse stakeholders including the Board, funders, government, donors, private sector, the arts community, and general public.
- Demonstrated interest or existing involvement as a leader in the arts community.
- A keen interest in developing new and innovative practices into arts management.
Application Information: To apply for this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter by April 3, 2020 to the Search Committee at email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those under further consideration will be contacted.
Prairie Theatre Exchange is committed to reflecting the diversity of our community. We believe in equity and inclusion and strongly encourage submissions from all qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, and physical ability.