Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity: Program Manager, Indigenous Arts (6 month term), Application Deadline February 28
Program Manager, Indigenous Arts (6 month term)
The Indigenous Arts department encompasses programming relating to performing arts, literary, visual, and digital media art disciplines. Our goal is to have Indigenous Arts programs meet the needs of national Indigenous artists while increasing the profile and reach to regional and internationally renowned Indigenous artists as well.
As Program Manager, you are accountable for the planning , promotion, delivery and evaluation of Indigenous Arts programming that bring together Indigenous artists, practitioners and learners to advance contemporary Indigenous artistic expression in Canada.
Reporting to the Director, Indigenous Arts below are some key accountabilities:
- Works with the Director and Associate Director, Indigenous Arts on the planning and design of programming, helping translate the artistic vision and strategic plan into viable and sustainable programming model.
- Manages program budgets, resource allocation (people, materials, agendas, places, partners, technology) and deliverables.
- Works closely with Program Delivery to ensure the successful delivery of programs.
- Works with Recruitment team on strategies and extending Arts network for marketing programs.
- Responsible for the oversight of application, adjudication and notification process.
Drives and meets established Program Delivery and Marketing timelines and deadlines.
Acts as liaison with Directors, Faculty, Program Delivery, and Marketing teams to ensure the needs of the program plan and specific program design briefs are being met.
- Ensures measurement and tracking of project impact and the careful analysis of this information in a timely manner, for both on-going improvement, and for funder/client related reporting.
- Develops and maintains professional, informed working relationships with key clients and funders to ensure long-term loyalty, opportunity and sustainability.
- Stays current of industry trends and takes initiative in proposing and/or implementing changes in procedures.
- Maintains and develops contacts within the arts and cultural, industries.
Qualification and Educational Requirements
- 5+ years of proven program management experience, preferably within a creative environment.
- University degree in an arts discipline, or related area of study.
- 5+ years of project management experience.
- Strong arts background in Indigenous Arts.
Experience building and managing programming budgets.
- Proven analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Solid understanding of program and events, marketing, promotion and production.
- The ability to formulate long and short range goals, while anticipating and responding to flexible program needs.
- Production and or post-secondary institution experience is an asset, as is literacy across a broad range of arts disciplines.
- Given the primary purpose of Indigenous Arts programming is to serve the needs of Indigenous artists, Indigenous applicants will be given preference.
- This position will be working remotely temporarily due to the COVID-19 pandemic but will be required to work from the office in Banff, AB once restrictions are lifted.
- This position may require the candidate to be available to work a flexible, irregular schedule and weekends.
- Candidates offered a position with Banff Centre will be required to obtain a criminal record check verifying a clear record before a final job offer can be finalized.
- In accordance with the terms of employment governing Management/PSP employees, this is a full time position for a 6 month term, subject to extension.
- We will be accepting applications for Associate Director, Indigenous Arts until 11:59pm MT on Sunday January 17, 2021.
- Please include a cover letter demonstrating how your experience translates to this position and why you are interested in becoming part of our team.
If you have questions or to request more information, please contact Elizabeth at email@example.com or 403-762-7503. Please note our offices are closed as of December 18 returning January 4 so responses will be delayed until the New Year. Thank you for your understanding.
Link to apply: https://bit.ly/38eK321