Royal Winnipeg Ballet: School Office Assistant, Application Deadline December 2
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is seeking a part-time School Office Assistant to join our team. This role is ideal for candidates wanting to enhance their administrative skills while drawing on their customer service experience. Candidates will enjoy engaging with a variety of stakeholders and understand the importance of building and maintaining positive working relationships. Ongoing effective communication, flexibility with shifting priorities, and timely decision making are keys for success in this role.
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is committed to inclusive, and diversity based accessible employment practices. All employment practices and activities are conducted on a non-discriminatory, safe, and respectful basis. The RWB is committed to the enrichment and diversity of our community.
As a School Office Assistant, you are responsible for providing reception, administration, clerical, database, and project support for all RWB School programming. In this position, you deliver exceptional customer service experience in person, via email, and over the phone providing information concerning RWB School programs, classes, and activities to parents and students. As a School Office Assistant, you further provide administrative support to School Registrars, School Faculty, Principals, and Management.
HIGHLIGHTED DUTIES OF THE ROLE
- Provide excellent customer service and establish positive, professional relationships with students, parents, and other stakeholders.
- Manage incoming calls, emails and in-person inquiries; provide information and timely support to current and prospective students and parents.
- Deliver timely outgoing communications such as class changes, rehearsal schedules, and payment deadlines.
- Assist with class registration, general selling and processing payments using the Tessitura database.
- Generate and distribute class lists and reports.
- Regularly update hard copy and digital student files and ensure compliance with file security and privacy legislation.
- Provide administrative assistance to Principals, School Artistic Faculty, and other stakeholders.
- Communicate concise and timely progress reports and project updates to the School Office Manager and the School Office team on a regular basis.
- Forward concerns raised by students and parents to pertinent stakeholders as appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Provide support with the organization of recitals in staffing, volunteer coordination, and logistics.
- Ensure regular communication with the Customer Service team regarding building security and customer service.
- Conduct regular walk-throughs of the atrium and perform locker checks ensuring cleanliness; communicate with the Facilities Department, as necessary.
- Ensure all communications, strategies, and actions support, protect, and nurture the brand of the RWB.
This position works with standard office equipment and sits for long periods of time performing keyboarding activities. Success of this position requires ongoing communication with internal and external stakeholders, flexibility with shifting priorities, and timely decision making. This position primarily works evenings and weekends and may work additional shifts during peak busy periods as needed.
WHAT YOU BRING
- High school diploma and at least one (1) year of work experience in an office environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Teams.
- Working knowledge of Tessitura or a similar constituent-based database an asset.
- Ability to speak and write French and/or other languages an asset.
- Experience and/or interest in the arts and cultural sector an asset.
- Keen attention to detail and sound problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good initiative, self-motivation, and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate the highest level of professional conduct and discretion.
- Solid time management, multi-tasking, and decision-making skills.
If you are qualified for this position, visit www.rwb.org/who-we-are/careers/ for application instructions. Candidates must submit a cover letter that showcases your personality and fit for the role, and resume. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date: 4:00PM December 2, 2021
As part of the Royal Winnipeg Ballet hiring process, successful candidates will be required to full submit a satisfactory Criminal Background check and Child Abuse Registry check.