Royal Winnipeg Ballet: Professional Ballet Teacher Opening
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is seeking a full-time Professional Ballet Teacher to join our team. If you love to inspire others and are dedicated to the arts, do not miss out on this opportunity to teach the most amazing young artists. Ideal candidates have a strong background in the Russian system of classical ballet along with the capability to teach several levels and age groups. Taking initiative, understanding the value in fostering relationships, and integrity are key components of this position.
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is committed to inclusive, and diversity based accessible employment practices. All employment practices and activities are conducted on a non-discriminatory, safe, and respectful basis. The RWB is committed to the enrichment and diversity of our community.
As a Professional Ballet Teacher, you are responsible for the consistent instruction of dance classes, choreography, and/or rehearsals for performances for several levels and age groups. In this position, you will be familiar with and will conduct yourself according to the strategic and business plan objectives of the School.
HIGHLIGHTED DUTIES OF THE ROLE
- Teach and rehearse in the school.
- Audition students.
- Grade and evaluate students in class and during exams.
- Cast students in appropriate works for performances.
- Produce, restage, direct, and choreograph performances, projects and exams as required.
- Begin and end classes at their scheduled times.
- Be present when your class is performing or rehearsing unless prior arrangements have been approved by the School Director.
- Attend all meetings of the school scheduled by the School Director, Principal, or Program Directors.
- Prepare report cards, student assessment forms, and letters of reference as required.
- Ensure appropriate, positive, and fair evaluations are given to every student on their report cards.
- Participate and contribute to short term and long-range planning sessions.
Communication and Relationships
- Maintain open and honest communication with the School Director.
- Build and maintain positive and productive relationships with parents, students, artistic staff, administrative staff, and musical staff.
- Maximize communication opportunities with colleagues in the teaching staff to ensure consistency with respect to the material being taught.
- Ensure the smooth coordination of projects to be overseen by the Teacher as assigned by the School Director and ensure all respective deadlines are met.
- Ensure all communications and actions support, protect, and nurture the brand of the Royal Winnipeg Ballet School.
This position works in a studio setting interacting with, observing, and supporting students. This position occasionally works outside of regular office hours, in the evenings and weekends. This position also works with standard office equipment and sits for periods of time performing keyboarding activities. Success of this position requires ongoing communication with internal and external stakeholders, flexibility with shifting priorities, and timely decision making.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Background in the Russian system of classical ballet.
- Ability to teach several levels and age groups.
- Experience as a professional ballet teacher and/or professional ballet dancer required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Ability to speak and write French and/or other languages an asset.
- Strategic thinker, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with a high degree of professionalism, integrity, and discretion.
- Solid initiative, self-motivation, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong team member, productively engaging with various levels of seniority.
- Good communication, customer service and relationship-management skills alongside the ability to build and maintain credibility with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize work and adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination.
If you are qualified for this position, visit www.rwb.org/who-we-are/careers/ for application instructions. Candidates must submit a cover letter that showcases your personality and fit for the role, and resume. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
As part of the Royal Winnipeg Ballet hiring process, successful candidates will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and submit a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.