Winnipeg Folk Festival: Manager of Marketing and Communications, Application Deadline February 1
Winnipeg Folk Festival - Job Posting
Position Title: Manager of Marketing Communications
Term: Permanent, Full-Time – 35 hours/week
With one of North America's premier outdoor music festivals as its signature event, the Winnipeg Folk Festival is a year-round, not-for-profit arts organization that presents live music and arts events designed to benefit the community.
The Winnipeg Folk Festival is seeking a motivated team leader with a passion for arts & culture to manage its marketing communications team and operations.
Part of the senior leadership team, the Manager of Marketing Communications is responsible for overseeing all marketing and communications initiatives including short-term and long-term marketing and communication strategies to support the goals and objectives of the Winnipeg Folk Festival's strategic plan. This position is responsible for brand strategy, key messaging and all tactical implementation with emphasis on integrated approaches that incorporate audience and greater community engagement, ultimately increasing the Festival's profile locally, nationally and internationally including the following functions:
- Create and execute short-term and long-term, multi-channel marketing communications plans that are responsive to organizational needs, including setting annual goals and timelines.
- Define, implement and lead strategies to promote and build the Winnipeg Folk Festival brand, brand equity, visual identity and voice in all communications.
- Oversee all traditional and online public relations initiatives including press releases, website updates, e-newsletters and earned media opportunities and manage all related communications needs including change management and crisis communications.
- Ensure consistency of key messages and brand across all communication channels
- Ensure marketing and communications projects and initiatives meet established deadlines, budget and high-quality standards and inspire support from and engagement with the greater community.
- Identify and execute new and innovative vehicles to support ticket sales for all Winnipeg Folk Festival events and increase awareness of Festival activities and evaluate the effectiveness of any new initiatives against ongoing communications strategies
- Manage online and traditional marketing initiatives and strategies, including the placement of all media buys and media partner relationships
- Oversee the design, content creation, production and distribution of website, program guide, annual reports and collateral materials
- Liaise with artist management to ensure optimal public relations for performers
- Lead market research efforts
Qualifications & Assets:
- Post-secondary education in marketing and/or communications or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum 5 years of communications, marketing and public relations experience at a leadership level
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong leadership with a demonstrated ability to organize, manage, inspire, and motivate staff and volunteers
- Experience developing and executing integrated communication strategies
- Knowledge of brand management and customer relationship strategies
- Familiarity with content curation and all media forms including traditional and social media
- Experience in event/experiential marketing
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent computer skills, including Office 365 and Adobe
- Experience developing communications for diverse communities
- Passion for music, community and the environment
- Knowledge of the Winnipeg Folk Festival
- Bilingual English/French is an asset
- Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience with an excellent benefit plan and flexible team environment. In accordance with its values, the Winnipeg Folk Festival is committed to an inclusive environment for all staff and will work with any candidates who require accommodation during this confidential process.
Please send resume and cover letter by February 1, 2022 to:
Lynne Skromeda, Executive Director, Winnipeg Folk Festival
We thank all who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.