Winnipeg's Contemporary Dancers and Sara Porter: Studio Performance and Artist Talk, May 26
Studio Performance and Artist Talk with Guest Artist, Sara Porter
Thursday, May 26, 7:30pm
The Rachel Browne Theatre
211 Bannatyne Avenue, 2nd floor
WCD is excited to present an Studio performance and Artist Talk with Guest Artist, Sara Porter!
Sara Porter is a multi-faceted artist, performer, writer and teacher with a distinctive voice and a broad palette.
Noted for being truly multi-disciplinary – and her wry sense of humour – Porter centres her work in a feminist, queer worldview, and deals with the body as a point of personal reflection.
"Outrageously funny and brutally vulnerable ... Sara Porter is a mature woman who isn't afraid to be just that." -Scott Charles, Writer's Block, San Francisco, 2017
If the name Sara Porter may sound familiar to you, Porter was slated to perform here last season. However, due to Covid-19, we were unable to welcome her here in person. We hope you can join us for this special evening – and one that promises to be lots of fun - up close and personal, with Sara Porter.
Please join us on Thursday, May 26 at 7:30pm at The Rachel Browne Theatre.
The Artist Talk will be moderated by Ian Mozdzen.
This event is FREE/ Pay What you May, suggested contribution $10 for those who are able. Please reserve through eventbrite.
Link to register: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/informal-studio-performance-and-artist-talk-with-guest-artist-sara-porter-tickets-332069046457
Walk-up's also welcome. You can register in advance or, if you prefer, simply show up for a 7:30pm start time.
FAQS for attending event on May 26th
- Event runs approximately 60 minutes with no intermission.
- Hand sanitizer is available upon entry to the theatre and WCD's facility is cleaned by a professional cleaning service.
- Audience members must wear an appropriate mask that covers their nose and chin for their entire visit.
- The Rachel Browne Theatre is an accessible theatre and includes a universal washroom. Please reserve for mobility devices.
- We continue to require the wearing of masks by staff, volunteers, and audience members; on-stage performers will be maskless. In alignment with current public health orders, proof of vaccination is not required to attend a performance this event.
- We ask that if you are feeling unwell or have any Covid symptoms, please stay home.