Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library: Call for Submissions, Deadline extended to May 31, 2017
How are you celebrating Canada 150? How about with the colours Red and White? These colours have been used traditionally in craft of a wide range of media, from quilts, and embroidery to ceramics and paper craft, and also through cultures worldwide.
The Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library will be celebrating the 150th Anniversary of Confederation with an exhibition that features red and white craft. A portion of the exhibition will feature historical work from the Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library collection. The remainder of the exhibition will include works submitted from the community that meet the following criteria: a) reflecting Canadian history and motifs, b) showcasing the truly multicultural nation of Canada, and c) that are original fine craft. All work must only include the colours red and white.
Call for submission
We are seeking submissions of craft items that meet any or all of the three criteria above. The work may be either historic or contemporary.
- Priority will be given to items that have a clear history/story, but we acknowledge that some worthy pieces are often lacking in documented history, so this is not a firm requirement
- Priority for contemporary work will be given to craft artists based in Manitoba
● Brief visual description including technique, size, materials and any special exhibit requirements.
● Craftsperson information with brief bio.
● Information about the piece in terms of its inspiration, meaning, relevance etc.
● An image of the piece, JPG preferred and less than 1MB file size.
● Deadline May 31
Conditions of Acceptance:
● Items must be loaned for the duration of the exhibition – currently planned for June and July 2017 (exact dates TBD).
● Contemporary work may be for sale during the exhibition.
● In April 2017 the Exhibits and Programming Committee will make final selections.
● Depending on the response, it is possible that not all pieces will be accepted for the exhibit.
Please submit to: Andrea Reichert, Curator, (204) 487-6117, email@example.com.
Submission deadline May 31, 2017