Art City: Digital Art Instructor, Deadline February 27
Art City is a non-profit community art centre located at 616 Broadway.
We are currently seeking a Digital Art (New Media) Instructor
to lead one workshop per week (day TBD), from 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Brief Job Description:
- Instructing Digital Art (New Media) workshops with youth, teens, and adults, working independently and developing workshop activities (including but not limited to graphic design, photo editing, animation, musical composition, and web interfacing)
- Managing Digital Art Volunteers during workshops
- Assisting participants in photo documentation of their artworks
- Developing and maintaining digital portfolios for participants
- Managing participant behaviour and resolve conflict as necessary
- Assisting in purchasing equipment and supplies, observing Digital Art budget
- Providing technical assistance for Special Events (parade, Halloween party, fundraisers, etc.)
- Attend bi-weekly Staff Meetings
- Fine arts degree and/or proficiency in various art media
- Experience working with children and/or youth
- Experience in new media, electronics, computer programming
- Experience in 3D artwork, design or drafting
- Understanding of web-based design
- Experience with various A/V equipment (projections, sound reinforcement, etc.)
- Experience with Scratch or other basic game development software
- Musical experience an asset
- Ability to improvise with various software (be able to respond to requests like "make me into a whale!", etc.)
- Experience managing local networks, digital archives.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Knowledge of inner city issues
- Ability to contribute to the development of art programming
- Positive role model for children and youth
Deadline for applications: Monday, February 27, 2017, 5:00 p.m.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Josh Ruth, Managing Director - Art City - 616 Broadway - Winnipeg, MB - R3C 0W8
Art City is an equal opportunity employer.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.