Manitoba Arts Council: Summer Archive Intership, Application Deadline March 31
The Manitoba Arts Council is currently seeking 2 Manitoba students currently enrolled in an Archival/Library Sciences Program to fill 2 Summer Intern positions. Under the guidance of a Communications Specialist, the Summer Interns will work to update the Council's paper records/archive in coordination with Manitoba Archives. This will include the development of protocols and processes for MAC's paper records management system and archive. If time permits, the project may include making recommendations towards Council's digital archive and the outline of a digital records framework.
- Enrolled in a graduate studies program in Archives or Library Sciences.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate and make recommendations.
- Ability to work as a team member without close supervision.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office software products.
- Ability to lift boxes weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to speak French is an asset.
The Summer Intern positions are for the period May 1, 2017 through September 1, 2017. The Summer Intern positions pay $15/hr. Applicants need to provide a resume and cover letter along with a recent school transcript to the attention of Charlene Brown at email@example.com by March 31st, 2017.
Please visit www.artscouncil.mb.ca/about/careers/ for more details.