Winnipeg Film Group: Executive Director, Application Deadline May 5
The Winnipeg Film Group (WFG) has an immediate opening for a permanent, full-time Executive Director.
The Winnipeg Film Group is a unique and dynamic artistic cinema centre that reaches out locally, nationally and internationally in support of the art, the artist and audience. We are an artist-run, charitable, non-profit organization. You can learn more about us at www.winnipegfilmgroup.com
The Winnipeg Film Group's Executive Director will spearhead and champion the creation, appreciation and advancement of the art of independent cinema and moving image in Manitoba. The responsibilities of the Executive Director include financial management, human resources management, program development, organizational grant writing, and funding agency liaising.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
The successful applicant will possess and demonstrate:
- Excellence in leadership;
- A critical passion for the culture of cinema and moving image;
- Strategic and innovative thinking;
- Financial literacy with experience managing budgets;
- Knowledge of arts council funding bodies protocols and processes;
- Grant writing experience;
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written);
- The ability and willingness to nurture creative talent (both WFG staff and members);
- Experience in grassroots artist-run, non-profit, and charitable organizations;
- Enthusiasm to work cooperatively with a governance Board of Directors;
- A recognized profile in the cultural milieu, both provincially and nationally;
- The ability to be a global ambassador for the WFG and the regional filmmaking community.
Previous experience should include:
- 5+ years working in the arts at a high level, experience managing staff and resources;
- Demonstrated prior successful implementation of strategic and operational planning ability;
- Cultural program development and curatorial experience;
- Experience collaborating with other arts organizations, funders, philanthropists and corporate donors in finding new resources;
- Advanced computer skills (proficiency with Microsoft Office, Quickbooks and Word Press).
The following skill sets and knowledge will be an immense asset:
- Holistic understanding of how non-profit and charitable organizations function;
- Filmmaking production processes;
- Multilingualism (French/Cree/Ojibwe), in addition to fluent English;
- Experience running capital campaigns;
- Social media proficiency.
SUMMARY OF THE OFFER
The Executive Director is a permanent, full-time position within the Winnipeg Film Group, providing a salary commensurate with successful applicant's experience.
The Winnipeg Film Group offers yearly paid vacation time, access to our subsidized health benefits and RRSP matching plan, and professional development opportunities.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Interested individuals are invited to apply by submitting:
- A cover letter that outlines your related skills and experience
- A résumé that directly summaries your professional, educational and volunteer experience related to this position
Applications can be sent by mail or e-mail, or dropped off. No faxes, please.
E-mail submissions in Word or PDF formats only, with the subject line "Executive Director Posting", to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail or drop-off submissions should be addressed to:
Hiring Committee, Board of Directors
Winnipeg Film Group
304 – 100 Arthur Street
Winnipeg MB R3B 1H3
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS IS Friday, May 5, 2017 at 4:00 pm
Applications will be reviewed by a hiring committee and only candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted directly by the Winnipeg Film Group.
The Winnipeg Film Group is an equal-opportunity employer.