Winnipeg Folk Festival: Production Assistant, Application Deadline May 1
Position Title: Production Assistant
Term: June 5 – July 28 2017 (8 weeks)
Job Summary: The Winnipeg Folk Festival is seeking two passionate and motivated individuals to support our Production team, who are responsible for the planning, setup, operation, and tear down of the festival and its two campgrounds. These positions will work in the Winnipeg office and on the festival grounds in Birds Hill Park.
- Assist in communication with volunteer coordinators, vendors, and program participants.
- Provide customer service and information.
- Assist with volunteer training sessions, written materials, and documentation.
- Source and purchase supplies and equipment.
- Pick up and return supplies and rental items from various locations.
- Manage petty cash float and receipts.
- Inventory management of signs and equipment.
- Distribution and collection of equipment and supplies from festival venues.
- Direct deliveries and vehicles on site.
- Coordinate on-site catering.
- Support role in emergency management response.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Production experience for other festivals, films, arts organizations or major public events.
- Organizational skills, attention to detail.
- Stong communication skills.
- Experience attending the Winnipeg Folk Festival desirable.
- Full-time student aged 15-30 intending to return to their studies in the next school year.
- Drivers licence.
Please send cover letter, a resume and three references to: email@example.com with Production Assistant in the subject line. Deadline to apply is 5:00pm May 1, 2017.