Royal Winnipeg Ballet: Web Designer, Application Deadline June 12
THE ROYAL WINNIPEG BALLET IS SEEKING A WEB DESIGNER TO JOIN OUR TEAM
Job Title WEB DESIGNER
Status FULL TIME
Location Winnipeg, MB
Reports to MULTI-MEDIA COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet enriches the human experience by teaching, creating and performing outstanding dance.
This role requires a well-rounded web designer with an up-to-date understanding of current digital design and web trends. The Web Designer will be responsible for graphic design elements, marketing emails, and front-end development work across the Royal Winnipeg Ballet website and communications activities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and coordinate website content and functionality including regular updates and builds for each season, as well as individual shows and RWB school programs
- Develop suitable website code in conjunction with website builds as required
- Utilizing graphic design and user interface work for web, creating new and using existing assets
- Create and distribute bulk emails based on current campaigns
- Maintain website including image assets, on-page text, visuals and functionality
- Assist as needed on-site at Company and RWB School performances and events
Graphic and User Interface Design for Web
- Use existing photography and graphic assets to create attractive graphical elements for emails and electronic newsletters
- Design clean and engaging user experiences for the web, mobile and email using best practices for usability, responsiveness and accessibility
Bulk Email Management
- Build out new email templates and modify existing ones for use in bulk email distributions
- Create and slice graphics for placement in email bodies
- Send emails using lists and data-base segments
Front-End Web Development
- Continually verify sites for optimal user experience and site functionality including SEO.
- Assist co-workers in Marketing and other departments with small graphical tasks
This position works with standard office equipment, and sits for periods of time performing keyboarding activities. Success of this position requires ongoing communication with internal and external stakeholders, flexibility with shifting priorities and timely decision making. Some evening, weekend and overtime hours may be required.
Education and Qualifications
- University or College Degree related to Web Design or Development and/or a relevant business related experience
- Minimum three (3) years' experience with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop and Illustrator as well as InDesign tools
- Proven work experience in web programming and WordPress development
- Programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Strong understanding of web design standards, responsive design and UI/UX principles
- Staying current with emerging digital trends within the digital creative community
Skills and Specifications
- Highly organized and able to set priorities effectively and use available resources
- Ability to work in a fast-paces environment.
- High attention to detail
- Front-end development experience creating user interfaces and responsive designs using advanced CSS and HTML
- Knowledge of best practices for website usability and user experience, design for mobile and accessibility
- Experience in social media/reviewing analytics is an asset
- Working knowledge of Tessitura an asset
Qualified, interested applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Kara Neilson at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 12, 2017. Applicants selected for an interview will be required to bring a portfolio.