Big Picture: Call to Artists, Open Deadline
Your drawings can be part of something big!
We would love your drawings to be part of our Collective Art Project: The Big Picture
You can read more about the project here: http://thebigpictureartproject.com/
There is a short video at the top of the home page that explain it in a few minutes. Basically, participants from all over the world are uploading their drawings and sketches and we are making a large mosaic-panoramic picture from all the drawings. This picture is fully searchable and zoomable, like a Google map.
Participation is free and open to anyone in the world. You can write your text in any language.
Deadline: Submissions can be accepted until the picture is filled with drawings. That should take at least one year but we can't know for sure.
why should you participate?
· We have many plans for the future of the Big Picture art project. Because the project is digital, we will be looking at exhibiting it in art galleries or museums with a mix of printed media and interactive features
· We are collaborating with the Artist Network and they will be the first to reveal the big Picture online once completed.
· We are working with partners like Copic markers, pan pastels Speedball and Strathmore paper so we will be sending prizes to the most interesting contributions.
· We will offer online explorations of the picture based on themes like site seeing, art making, everyday life, inspiration, family, travelling and immigration... We are also thinking about publishing a few books based on those themes.
· This is a unique opportunity to share the life stories that are important to you with a wide audience, you can also participate anonymously if you want to.
Connect with artists from all other the world through a work of art.
Be a part of something big!
Stay tuned for an exclusive reveal of the completed Big Picture on the Artist's Network