Royal Winnipeg Ballet: Chief Operating Officer, Application Deadline July 24
Building upon a rich history delivering world renowned performances, Canada's Royal Winnipeg Ballet is ready to welcome a Chief Operating Officer to their internationally acclaimed organization. Reporting to the Artistic Director & CEO, this important and key role is responsible for the oversight of Human Resources, IT, Finance, Touring, Facilities and Assets in order to support and continue cultivating the organization's mission of "enriching the human experience by teaching, creating, and performing outstanding dance."
This COO opportunity will be ideal for the business professional who is a financially astute operations and people leader that can balance the day-to-day details with organizational-wide strategic execution and delivery. This COO position will work closely with the Artistic Director & CEO and requires a strong business manager who appreciates the role of the arts in society and can help guide the organization as a whole.
As the Chief Operating Officer you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the operations of the organization and work closely with the Artistic Director & CEO to develop and accomplish goals and strategic plans.
- Managing the P&L and coordinate financial and budget activities with a focus on maximizing resources, and increasing efficiencies.
- Providing leadership and oversight in Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Facilities, Touring, Assets and other organizational resources such as legal and medical Services.
- Leading a diverse team of professionals, providing guidance and strong leadership in people development and organizational growth.
- Develop internal controls, operational policies and procedures in order to drive efficiencies.
- Identifying new revenue opportunities.
- Working closely with other RWB divisions such as the Recreational and Professional Divisions, Alumni, Archives, Marketing and Development.
You and Your Experience:
- You have a bachelor's degree in business or a related field.
- You are a strong business manager that has a high level of financial and business acumen.
- You have proven experience in maintaining and managing the fiscal health of an organization.
- You have experience in a leadership role focused on operations and with oversight over multi-functional lines of business.
- You consider yourself a strategic thinker and are comfortable working both at a strategic and execution level while remaining hands on in the operations of the organization.
- You are a strong people leader who has a history of building a respectful culture of encouragement, support and inclusion.
- You hold and convey the highest standards of personal and professional integrity.
- You have experience effectively working with Boards and Stakeholder engagement.
- You are able to develop, maintain, and strengthen business partnerships.
- You have a personal appreciation or involvement with the arts.
About the company:
Canada's Royal Winnipeg Ballet has 77 years of history in bringing critically acclaimed performances to audiences all over the world. The RWB inspires dancers through the professional and recreational divisions of their Ballet School, and supports them in the pursuit of their dreams.
The RWB also engages with the community in different ways off stage. They have made connections through Ballet In The Park, Culture Day's Dance Downtown, Sharing Dance Day, School matinee shows, open working rehearsals, Concert Hour Ballet, Quantum Program and so much more. Investing in their community is not only the right thing to do, but it also benefits the company and RWB's Recreational and Professional Divisions. Attending the Royal Winnipeg Ballet, students receive so much more than just excellent dance training: they learn how to become great people in the community.
To submit your candidacy for this excellent COO opportunity:
For more information about this career opportunity please call Karin Pooley, Vice President of Recruitment and Executive Search at 204.940.3939.
For more information about this opportunity visit: https://peoplefirstexecutivesearch.wordpress.com/