Art from the Heart: Art Show Coordinator, Application Deadline September 21
Art from the Heart (AFTH) is looking for an outgoing, energetic and flexible Art Show Coordinator for the upcoming 17th Show and Sale.
Art from the Heart's 17th Show and Sale:
Art from the Heart's 17th Annual Show and Sale on December 16 and 17, 2017 in Winnipeg Manitoba will exhibit new works by local artists creating opportunities for artists and visitors to share their skills, expertise and knowledge, fostering creative collaborations, mutual support, and a sense of belonging among participants.
Art lovers in Winnipeg also see this event as a community economic development initiative and a great opportunity to support Art from the Heart artists by purchasing their works of art.
Through the 17th Show and Sale, all participating artists are given the opportunity to sell their work with 100% of proceeds paid to selling artists at the close of the event.
We're looking for an Art Show Coordinator with community art development experience and strong organizational skills. This position is a contract position starting October 16, 2017 until January 12, 2018.
- Hours are flexible
Working with the AFTH board of directors, the Art Show Coordinator:
- Organizes and implements all aspects of the Call for Artists, Art Intake Day and Show and Sale,
- Recruits artists,
- Communicates information related to Show and Sale advertising and communication with artists, potential funding supporters, volunteers, the AFTH board and the general public,
- Coordinates all administrative elements of the Show and Sale including budget management and data collection,
- Evaluates and reports to the AFTH board and funders.
- Can work both independently and with a group,
- Possesses computer skills: word processing, Excel,
- Experience managing and leading a team,
- Can meet deadlines,
- Possesses strong communication and organizational skills,
- Possesses reliable access to a personal computer,
- Understands community art and/or experience in community art development.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Experience with or demonstrated interest in community art.
- Experience in budgeting management.
- Experience in graphic design.
- Experience organizing an art show or curating an art event.
- Driver's license an asset.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume and two references by Thursday, September 21 to:
firstname.lastname@example.org subject line: Art Show Coordinator
We thank all that apply but only those selected will be contacted for an interview. Interviews will be scheduled during the week of September 25, 2017.