Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre: Front of House Manager, Application Deadline October 19
October 4, 2017 ROYAL MANITOBA THEATRE CENTRE
The Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre exists to celebrate the widest spectrum of theatre art. Deeply rooted in the province of Manitoba, which gave it life and provides for its growth, Royal MTC aspires to both reflect and inform the community it serves. Canada's oldest regional theatre, each season Royal MTC produces ten plays at two venues – the John Hirsch Mainstage and the Tom Hendry Warehouse - as well as the Winnipeg Fringe Theatre Festival, a Master Playwright Festival, and an annual regional tour. www.royalmtc.ca
Front of House Manager
This position acts as the face of Royal MTC and is often the first and most important contact for all patrons when visiting our two theatre facilities. The Front of House Manager builds and maintains relationships with patrons and donors, while ensuring their safe, relaxed and enjoyable experience while at the theatre. This position works in conjunction with Box Office and Volunteer Usher teams to ensure seamless and professional "front of house" services in coordination with the stage management and technical teams in the theatres.
Key responsibilities include staffing, training and management of part-time Front of House employees, supervision of volunteer Ushers, inventory development and management for bars, concession and merchandise, patron and donor safety, and regulatory knowledge and compliance.
The ideal candidate will be customer focused, with the ability to quickly develop a positive rapport and build relationships with patrons and stakeholders.
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills; Ability to quickly build positive rapport with patrons and stakeholders
- Minimum two years' proven management experience; Experience in hospitality or front of house considered an asset
- Demonstrated experience supervising food and beverage
- Experience working with volunteers and practical knowledge of performing arts environment essential
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations, and liquor laws required
- Detail oriented, able to handle several tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to accommodate a demanding and flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays (corresponding to the theatrical schedule).
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to Devan Graham, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Deadline: October 19, 2017.