APTN: Producer (Nation to Nation and aptnnews.ca), Application Deadline November 17
Do you have a knack for television production, piecing together all the elements from start to finish? Do you hold yourself to the highest technical standard, enjoy taking initiative, and work well under pressure? Are you ready to take the next step in your career – by making a difference and building on your passion for long form television journalism? If you said yes, then this is the opportunity for you
Your opportunity to:
- Become part of the team at one of Canada's Top 100 Employers!
- Share your vision, coordinate and produce the day-to-day operations of APTN's Current Affairs show
- Join an award winning News and Current Affairs team, that provides coverage of the issues facing Aboriginal communities
- Be part of the voice that shares the "story within a story"
As our Producer (Nation to Nation and aptnnews.ca), you will:
- Work closely with the Host Producer to generate show content and assist with legal compliance
- Collaborate and cross pollinate ideas among team members and bring forward fresh concepts for the show
- Coordinate a variety of interactive social media and online print elements
- Remain current on National issues relevant to Aboriginal Peoples
- A diploma or certificate in a related discipline and proven relatable experience
- Television broadcast experience in a production capacity
- Strong working knowledge and ability to keep current with social media trends
- Experience building line ups in iNEWS or other news room software
- A sensitivity and understanding of Aboriginal culture and the ability to articulate issues relevant to Aboriginal communities
- Excellent organizational/multi-tasking skills, experience with budgets and coordinating travel
- A valid driver's license and clear driver's abstract, since there may be some travel to shoot locations
Your new opportunity awaits, come and see what makes us one of Canada's top employers!
Click here to join our team today Please apply before Friday, November 17, 2017.