Gimli Film Festival: Marketing & Logistics Coordinator, Application Deadline January 26
Purpose of the Position
The Marketing & Logistics Coordinator (MLC) reports to the Festival Director and Festival Manager and is responsible for a wide variety of responsibilities that change over this 6-month contract (March – August, 2018).
This part-time position would begin in March focusing on social media relations for the festival, as well as coordinating smaller (often local) sponsorships, as well as coordinating Gimli Film Festival printed program advertisements. In late May, the MLC would help prep, train and manager our incoming Communications Coordinator, who would take over social media responsibilities and press and publicity.
At this point the MLC will shift towards executing the overall logistics plan for the festival, which involves creating a master plan for logistics for all events at the Gimli Film Festival and coordinating staff, volunteers, resources and transportation of goods and services to and from the festival for all festival events.
Duties of Marketing Coordinator (March – May)
- Manage Social Media postings on a daily basis (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Assist in website management (postings, updates, maintenance)
- Coordinate all advertisement sales for printed GFF program guide
- Assist in proof-reading all advertisements in printed GFF program guide
- Coordinate low-level sponsorship agreements with (often local) businesses
- Support Festival Director and Festival Manager with additional sponsorships and activities as required
- Marketing Coordinator must be available to travel to Gimli as required.
Duties of Logistics Coordinator (June – August)
- Develop a detailed schedule of logistical activities for all major activities including but not limited to:
- Indoor Venues: Lady of Lake Theatre, Aspire Theatre, Lutheran Church, Gimli Theatre (in coordination with the Senior Film Programmer and Festival Manager)
- RBC Sunset Screenings (5 nights) and RBC Beach Boardwalk (Fri & Sat before screening)
- Box Office (Work with team, Festival Manager and Box Office Coordinator)
- Gimli campgrounds (run by private company, but new in 2018)
- VIP / Opening & Awards Gala Receptions (lead by Hospitality Coordinator)
- Saturday night Awards Gala (lead by Hospitality Coordinator)
- The logistics schedule should consider:
- Vehicles to deliver items & timing of deliveries and return of items
- Security of items
- Safety of volunteers & participants
- Clear communication of schedules to all involved
- Ensure a comprehensive outdoor signage plan is developed and executed in the town of Gimli including safe return and storage of signage.
- Organize, receive, distribute, collect and return all GFF equipment used during the festival, including the documentation of inventory before and after.
- Logistics Coordinator must be available in Gimli from June 1 to Aug 4, 2018
- Excellent understanding of the local and global filmmaking community and industry.
- At least two years experience in marketing or logistics (event management, etc)
- Ability to live in or near Gimli (June 1 – Aug 3 at least) is required
- Must demonstrate ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate the ability to take initiative, show good judgment, and manage projects from beginning to end
- Must demonstrate ability to manage other staff and volunteers
- Excellent writing, editing and proof-reading skills
- Technical A/V or video editing skills a benefit
- Must be self-motivated and work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Start date: March 1, 2018
- End date: August 30, 2018
- Position is 3 days a week, from March 1st – July 1st
- Position is full-time, from July 2nd – August 3rd
- This is an independent contractor position. The independent contractor understands and agrees to the responsibility of his/her own CRA payments and reporting.
- MLC must be available to work in Gimli from June 1st to August 3rd, 2018, and will be required to travel to Gimli from time-to-time between March and May 2018.
- MLC reports to the Festival Director & Festival Manager and will work closely with many other GFF staff, including Volunteer Coordinator, Box Office Coordinator, Hospitality Coordinator and Communications Coordinator.
- Pay range from $17-$20/hr (depending on experience)
To apply please send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "MLC Application".
DEADLINE: 5pm, January 26th, 2018
Thanks for applying!