FPR (First Peoples Radio): AM / PM News Journalists, Application Deadline March 27
Have we got news for you!
FPR (First Peoples Radio) is looking for AM/PM News Journalists who will be responsible for structuring, researching, writing, developing and reporting on stories / ideas for FPR News & Current Affairs for Toronto and Ottawa FM stations. Both are new FM stations launching April 2018.
- Initiates, identifies, researches and submits/pitches story ideas on a daily basis;
- Structures, researches, writes and develops approved pitches;
- Evaluates leads / tips, interviews sources, etc, and assesses newsworthiness for FPR specific viewers / audiences;
- Monitors national and local news and events for relevancy and stays informed on current and emerging issues;
- Develops and maintains sources and contacts for News gathering purpose;
- Remains aware of all National issues relevant to Indigenous communities;
- Files stories into FPR news system for access to the FPR Ottawa station and APTN;
- Interacts with A.M./P.M. Hosts to context and background a top news story;
- Develops a key file of Ontario news contacts from city hall, police and politics;
- Produces news promos in production promoting FPR news events.
- A degree /diploma in a relevant discipline and 3 - 5 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with an Indigenous organization and culture is an asset
- Broad knowledge of Production best practices, news ethics and policies
- Proficiency with Internet, E-mail and other business related computer software is required.
Please email your application by March 27, 2018 to Dave Charles at (firstname.lastname@example.org) quoting file FPR – 0008/9.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Metis applicant to apply.