APTN: Reporter/Correspondent, Application Deadline May 22
If you value your independence, enjoy meeting new people and are ready to inspire and inform our National audience, then this is the position you've been waiting for! Join our team today as a Reporter/Correspondent based out of the beautiful City of Halifax.
- Become part of the team at one of Canada's Top 100 Employers!
- Discover and pitch your own story ideas in conjunction with assignments from the desk
- Cover daily breaking news; meet and develop new contacts as you travel nearby and to remote communities
- Enjoy more creative control over your stories in comparison to other newsrooms
- Join a team that provides coverage of the issues facing Indigenous communities locally, nationally and worldwide
As our Reporter / Correspondent, you will:
- Be the face our viewers recognize nationally
- Craft high quality stories and demonstrate great time management skills
- Be comfortable working independently and closely with other team members; full support will come from afar as your manager works out of our Ottawa bureau
- Demonstrate your strong communication skills while interacting with the public and remote colleagues
- A degree/diploma in journalism or related field with proven experience related to journalism
- A great on-camera presence, solid judgment, research techniques and the ability to be flexible
- A strong ability to articulate and effectively communicate issues relevant to Indigenous communities
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of broadcast technology
- A valid driver's license and clear driver's abstract - since you'll be travelling to obtain your exciting stories
Your new opportunity awaits, come and see what makes us one of Canada's top employers!
Click here to join our team today Please apply before Tuesday, May 22nd, 2018.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.