Creative Manitoba: Sponsorship Engagement: Strategies for Rural Arts and Cultural Events, June 25
June 25, 2018, 10am-4pm
Need money for your rural arts or cultural event? Join us for a one-day workshop all about corporate sponsorship!
Registration deadline: June 15, 2018 (Registration mandatory)
Price: Valued at $150, this workshop is offered FREE of charge and is *exclusively* for rural arts and cultural event organizers (more than 35km outside Winnipeg). Lunch is included.
In partnership with Culture Days Manitoba, this session is for rural arts and cultural event organizers looking to engage corporate sponsors:
- Learn about sponsorship from expert Chrystal Robert-Macey.
- Connect with other rural event organizers over a provided lunch and facilitated sharing opportunities throughout the day.
- Hear how Culture Days can support your events from Manitoba's Culture Days Event Coordinator, Kurt Tittlemier.
- Brainstorm and engage in small group work. Come prepared to talk about your organization and events for which you are seeking sponsorship!
In the workshop you will learn:
- The current status of sponsorship in Canada and locally
- Industry terminology
- Seeking sponsorship and the discovery session model
- Tactics for prospecting potential sponsors
- What non-profits have to sell for sponsorship inventory and what is considered valuable to sponsors
- The importance of using sponsor activation tactics in sponsor discussions and proposals
- How to maintain long-term sponsor relationships
Instructor: Chrystal Robert-Macey, B.Ed. is the Owner and Principal Consultant of The Sponsorship Experience – a unique and innovative consulting venture offering a diverse array of specialty services in the Sponsorship field. Prior to opening up her own consulting firm, she spent the majority of her career working for Manitoba Lotteries Corporation; most notably as the Director of Community Support & Partnerships with hands-on responsibility for all of their community investment programming. Under Chrystal's tenure in Senior Management she was one of the primary architects of all major programs falling under this area. These programs were built on four fundamental pillars: Sponsorship, Partnership, Volunteerism, and Charitable Giving. As a consultant her core services include Valuations of Inventory; Development and Negotiation of Sponsorship Agreements; Internal Facilitation & Training; Development of Strategic Sponsorship Policy, Goals and Objectives; Program Development Plans; and Activation Planning and Implementation Support. She has a diverse client base including sponsors and sponsees; public and private sector clients; as well as profit and not-for-profit organizations.