Winnipeg Arts Council: Job Posting Administrative Assistant, Application Deadline July 23
Position: Administrative Assistant
Term: Full-time, Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
Deadline to apply: July 23rd, 2018
The Winnipeg Arts Council seeks a responsible, helpful, energetic and organized individual to serve as the Administrative Assistant to the organization. The Administrative Assistant supports a staff of six and contributes to the general function of the office and execution of programs. The Administrative Assistant reports to the Executive Director and is supervised by the Financial Administrator/Office Manager.
A compensation package including benefits and RRSP contribution will be made available.
The Winnipeg Arts Council is a rewarding and friendly working environment, and the organization is an essential part of the arts in Winnipeg. The ideal candidate will have a good work ethic, and an interest and basic knowledge of the Winnipeg arts scene.
- Office reception: front desk, directing calls, setting meeting dates
- Data entry
- Assistance with processing grant applications and materials, setting up iPads using iTunes, Adobe Acrobat and PDF Expert
- Assistance with processing Public Art Program applications and materials
- Preparation for juries and meetings (setting up room, projector, prepping food)
- Maintaining a clean and organized office environment
- Compiling and distributing weekly e-billboard
- Assistance with maintaining and updating website
- Track and maintain WAC merchandise
- Assist with the organization and execution of events
- Other duties as required
- Friendly demeanor and good client service skills
- Sophisticated computer skills - our office uses Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Filemaker Pro (will train in Filemaker)
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent time management
- Ability to be on time and meet deadlines
- Willingness to problem solve and acquire new skills as required
- Shows initiative
- Ability to take direction
- Consistent follow through on tasks and projects
- Knowledge of, or confidence in ability to learn website skills
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator an asset (training may be provided)
- Relevant university/college degree and/or professional experience are considered an asset
The Winnipeg Arts Council Inc. is a not-for-profit corporation with charitable status, charged by the City of Winnipeg to distribute funding to arts organizations and artists, to manage the City's Public Art Program, and to champion development of the arts on behalf of the people of Winnipeg. As a pre-eminent city-building organization, the Winnipeg Arts Council focuses on the quality of life in the city and how arts and culture determines Winnipeg's reputation as a City of the Arts, both nationally and internationally.
Please submit resume and cover letter by 5:00 on July 23rd to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail or in person to:
103-110 Princess Street
Winnipeg, MB R3B 1K7
We appreciate all submissions, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The Winnipeg Arts Council is an equal opportunity employer.