Manitoba Arts Network: Emerging Artist Mentorship Opportunity, Application Deadline September 6
Opportunity: Emerging Artist Mentorship Opportunity
Deadline September 6th, 2018:
The Manitoba Arts Network (MAN) is presenting an Emerging Artist Showcase during Manitoba Showcase 2018 in Portage la Prairie, MB from October 25 – 28, 2018. This event is an excellent opportunity to network with and perform for delegates from arts organizations across the province as well as visiting music industry professionals.
Emerging artists will work on their professional development with mentors Elise Roller (Manitoba Music), and Roland Deschambault. This event is an excellent opportunity for emerging artists to network with and perform for delegates from arts organizations (presenters/buyers) across the province as well as visiting music industry professionals.
"The Manitoba Showcase Emerging Artist Showcase was an extremely beneficial opportunity for The Middle Coast (formerly, Until Red). We were able to showcase a few songs in front of a captive audience in a friendly and intimate setting. We came out with multiple bookings and made a ton of contacts who we still rub shoulders with both on the artist and presenter side of things!" Dylan MacDonald
As a result from participating in the Emerging Artist Program at MB Showcase 2017, Ila Barker, Mika Dawn and The Janzen Boys received 7 performance bookings between them (facilitated by MAN).
Three artists or groups will be selected, all genres are welcome. Preference may be given to artists or groups from the Central region of Manitoba.
Individual Artists or Groups considered for this opportunity must:
- Have a current release (demo\EP\full-length)
- Be available to perform on Saturday, October 27th, 2018 in Portage la Prairie, MB
- Be available to be in the exhibitor hall/contact room to meet presenters October 26th & 27th
- Be a current resident of Manitoba
- In the early stages of their career(s) and haven't Showcased before
- At least one member of the group needs to meet the age requirement of 18 – 35
Fill out the submissions form by September 6th, 2018:
- Click this link to completed Google doc submission form
- Update your online presence with:
- Current music (videos of live performance preferred)
- Short artist bio (approximately 200 words)
- Current high resolution image (300 dpi) uploaded to "Files" section
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Music samples provided
- Rationale for the Showcase
Contact info: email@example.com