Sarasvàti Productions: Call for Submissions: FemFest 2019, Deadline November 30
Deadline: November 30, 2018
Sarasvàti Productions is accepting submissions for its 17th annual FemFest, which will take place in September 2019. We are currently seeking submissions of scripts for production, short performance pieces for various showcases, and applications from storytellers interested in participating. Our focus this year is work that explores global connections. All submissions must be from Canadian women. We use an inclusive definition of "woman" and "female" and we welcome pieces created by all who fit under either of these categories/identifiers. Technical and set requirements must be minimal due to the festival setting. A reading committee will assess submissions in order to program a balanced festival.
- A cover letter
- with full contact information (mailing address, phone # and e-mail)
- expressing why you feel your project should be a part of FemFest 2019
- detailing any production history for the submitted piece.
- A 100 word synopsis of the play or performance piece.
- A 100 word bio of the playwright or main artists.
- One copy of the script formatted according to acceptable Canadian play script format or for works in progress a one-page proposal.
Please note some events are interdisciplinary so we welcome submissions from musical groups, comedy troupes, dancers, visual artists, film-makers and multi-media artists.
All submissions must be received in the office by November 30, 2018. Submissions should be mailed to:
242 Cathedral Avenue
E-mail submissions will not be accepted.
For more information please contact us at (204) 586-2236 or firstname.lastname@example.org.