Manitoba Arts Network: Program Coordinator (Part-time), Application Deadline November 19
The Manitoba Arts Network connects, showcases and promotes visual and performing artists with communities across Manitoba.
The Network produces Manitoba's Annual Arts Conference - MB Showcase, arranges block-booked tours for performing artists, organizes the Annual MB Rural & Northern Juried Art Show, tours 5 visual art exhibitions and offers a Concerts in Care program resulting in almost 100 concerts per year.
The Program Coordinator, under the direction of the Executive Director and other staff, shall be responsible for the following:
Concerts in Care
In partnership with the Health Arts Society this program brings professional musicians to long-term care homes in Winnipeg.
· Expand our current Concerts in Care program to Winnipeg
· Recruitment of Long Term Care Homes in Winnipeg
· Scheduling Artists for approximately 100 concerts
· Coordinate concert logistics
· Processing artist invoices and payments
· Work with Performing Arts Coordinator who coordinates the rural concerts in care program
· Assist with annual Conference MB Showcase
· Assist with annual membership drive, marketing membership and providing services
· Respond to general inquiries or forward to the appropriate employee.
· General Administrative duties and any other duties as required by the Executive Director
Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent skills in organization and planning in order to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Commitment to being a team player and working to meet team goals.
- Ability to manage conflict and work to facilitate consensus.
- Ability to convey, listen to and interpret sensitive and complex information and opinions of diverse audiences with clarity, conciseness and professionalism, in both verbal and written contexts.
- Demonstrate personal leadership within the position, through setting priorities, delegating work and meeting timelines consistently.
- Strategic thinking/problem solving skills and the ability to anticipate upcoming opportunities and challenges determine required outcomes and use innovative approaches to develop supportive systems and processes.
- Excellent computer skills are required with MS office
- Social media skills are an asset
Wage: $16 per hour, 16 hours /week (flexible work hours). Some travel and additional hours may be required as requested by the Executive Director.
Interested applicants should submit their resumes, and cover letter by November 19, 2018 to Rose-Anne Harder, Executive Director of Manitoba Arts Network by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted