PAVED Arts, Saskatoon, SK: Production Coordinator, Application Deadline, November 16
Production Coordinator, PAVED Arts, Saskatoon, SK
Application Deadline: November 16th, 2018
Announcing a unique opportunity to work at PAVED Arts, a not-for-profit, community-based, artist-run-centre and gallery for photography, audio, video, electronic, and digital arts, based in Saskatoon, SK. PAVED Arts provides affordable access to media art production studios, tools, services, and technical and educational support. PAVED Arts also presents free public programming, gallery exhibitions and screenings, and offers workshops and technical advice for most aspects of media production.
The Production Coordinator will be responsible for all aspects of PAVED's production equipment, including processing rentals, maintenance, trouble-shooting, providing orientations, and purchasing, while also providing excellent customer service to PAVED members and public.
Reporting directly to the Technical Director, the duties and responsibilities will include:
- Front desk reception, liaising with the public, trouble-shooting, and responding to service requests
- Processing equipment and productions centre studio rentals, membership purchases and renewals, Providing new and existing members with equipment orientations and ensuring their status is in good standing
- Coordinating volunteers and tracking their hours
- Assist with documentation of exhibitions and events
- Exhibition, events and venue assistance during on-site gallery hoursThe successful candidate is a media art enthusiast excited to start a career in the not-for-profit arts sector; has some post-secondary education; has a strong interest in the media arts; and is well informed about contemporary art practices. A relevant studio-based arts education in a college or university art program is considered an asset. Computer literacy is a must. Excellent communication skills and an ability to work in a team are important. Fluency in English (oral and written) is a requirement; proficiency in French is an asset.
Start Date: December 3, 2018 (negotiable)
Starting annual salary range: $30,000 - $32,000 per year, based on experience.
This is a permanent, full-time position with benefits that requires availability Tuesday through Saturday, with occasional evening, overtime and holiday work.
PAVED Arts is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment.
For the full job requirements and information about how to apply, please visit: www.pavedarts.ca/2018/6979