Winnipeg Film Group: Operations Manager, Application Deadline January 28
The Winnipeg Film Group seeks a Full-Time Operations Manager to fulfill a new role in a busy and reputable arts organization. Incorporated as a non-profit media arts organization 44 years ago, the Winnipeg Film Group is a four tiered charity that provides production equipment, training and special opportunities for Manitoba filmmakers, film and video distribution for hundreds of Canadian artists, and a year-round Cinematheque that serves an audience of more than 20,000 a year.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, in conjunction with the Executive Director, the Operations Manager will ensure that the Winnipeg Film Group is running as well as it possibly can, with a smooth efficient service that meets the expectations and needs of staff, members and clients. They will manage day-to-day activities and oversee the facilities, audit current work flows and processes and identify gaps and redundancies. The Operations Manager will liaise with other team members on a variety of tasks, present findings to Directors, design and implement new procedures and contribute to human resource systems development. The Operations Manager will be a positive and important addition to our team.
Application Deadline: Monday, January 28, 2019
The Operations Manager is responsible for the following operational and financial functions, amongst others:
- Ensures optimum access to Winnipeg Film Group for the membership and general public; Greets visitors and members and answers queries by phone, mail, e-mail, or in person
- Manages all membership accounts and develops new renewal system; Orients new members as required
- Administers daily finances for the organization in conjunction with WFG's Bookkeeper and Directors
- Develops and implements new procedures in administrative systems
- Manages many of the WFG's spaces
- Manages office operations and independent contractors / suppliers
- Contributes to HR policies and procedures
- Represents WFG publicly as required
- Manages overall internal and external communications of centre (social media, newsletter, staff calendar, etc.)
- Assists with grant applications, CADAC and reporting as required
- There is also an opportunity for the Operations Manager to initiate projects that are of interest to them personally, artistic or otherwise.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Highly organized, dependable and detail-orientated with a demonstrated attention to accuracy
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure
- Demonstrated project management including ability to prioritize multiple tasks, deadlines and changing priorities
- Analytical and able to problem solve
- Personable and affable; Positive attitude and the ability to work in and adapt to a bustling team environment
- Mature with a high sense of confidentiality
- Understanding of bookkeeping processes and procedures
- High-level written and oral Communication Skills
- Leadership and Conflict Management experience would be an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Knowledge of QuickBooks, Mailchimp, Exceed, Photoshop would be an asset
- Knowledge of French or a second language would be an asset
The Operations Manger will work 35 paid hours per week with a one hour unpaid lunch (40 hours total). Monday to Friday; occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
Salary is $32,760 per annum.
The WFG provides a Comprehensive Benefits Package that includes sick time and 4 weeks' vacation, access to group health / dental package (after 3 months), access to matching RRSP plan (after one year). Professional Development opportunities will be available.
This position is generously paid for by a three-year Capacity Building Grant from the Winnipeg Foundation.
Please send resume and cover letter by January 28, 2019 at noon to:
Monica Lowe, Deputy Director
Subject Line: Operations Manager
The Winnipeg Film Group is committed to employment equity, aimed at increasing employment representation of historically disadvantaged groups. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women. We encourage applicants to self-declare by stating it on their cover letter/resume.