Manitoba Crafts Museum & Library: IT Technician
Manitoba Crafts Museum & Library (MCML) is looking for a 'crafty' IT Technician to give back to their community.
MCML understands that IT and system administration is not just a job, but a craft and like any other craft takes years to master. Have you put in hours and dedication and now want to apply them to a rewarding cause? We are looking for a volunteer to help build, maintain and update MCML computer systems and networks, and help train our staff to make appropriate and safe usage of all the Museum and Library IT infrastructures.
- Review the equipment monthly to ensure no problems are occurring, schedule upgrades and provide maintenance
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (aid in repairs, debugging etc.) that arise between the monthly reviews.
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality.
- Manage and help develop MCML computers and local networks in ways that optimize performance.
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems.
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.).
- Proven experience in IT or relevant position.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication ability
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks.
- Commit to a regular bi-weekly or monthly shift of 2 hours or more as required
- 6 month commitment is preferred
For more information, please visit https://c2centreforcraft.ca/get-involved/volunteer/
Or contact Cailyn Harrison, C2 Volunteer Coordinator, email@example.com for more information.
- Manitoba Craft Council (MCC) & Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library (MCML) Social Media Teams
- Manitoba Craft Council (MCC) & Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library (MCML) Membership Coordinators
- C2 Centre for Craft Shop & Gallery Attendant
Dozens of volunteers assist C2 Centre for Craft, Manitoba Craft Council and Manitoba Crafts Museum & Library in any given year. The benefits for volunteers include acquiring new skills, putting learning into practice, experiencing an exciting work environment, and meeting new people. Besides, it's fun!
Volunteers provide valuable service to the C2 Centre and both organizations through direct assistance to staff, outreach and fundraising or the delivery of school and public programs. Volunteers share their time, abilities, knowledge, and enthusiasm by working with or explaining C2 Centre's services, extensive collections, programming and exhibitions and the C2 Shop with the public.
The work is greatly appreciated and is both rewarding and fulfilling to the volunteer. Some of the tasks performed by our volunteers include directing hands-on craft and design activities for kids and adults, attending to the C2 Retail Shop & galleries, engaging the community at special events & programming, expanding our voice through marketing & communications, aiding in day-to-day operations, and so much more! Learn More Here!
C2 Centre for Craft: 1-329 Cumberland Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 1T2 | 204.615.3951 | c2centreforcraft.ca