C2 Centre for Craft: C2 Shop & Gallery Attendant
The C2 Centre for Craft is home to the Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library (MCML) and the Manitoba Craft Council (MCC). A major feature of the facility is the C2 Shop, a retail operation dedicated to showcasing local fine craft and merchandise related to MCML and MCC. The gallery features 6-8 exhibitions of contemporary and traditional craft per year.
We are seeking enthusiastic, energetic and welcoming individuals to join the C2 Shop and Gallery team.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to represent the C2 Centre for Craft, MCC and MCML to the public
- Experience in retail /customer service is an asset
- Good computer and organizational skills
- Passion for craft and its makers and a commitment to be an effective member of the C2 Shop team
Duties and Responsibilities
- Being the first public face at the C2 Centre, providing information about exhibitions, craft artists, other features of the space, and information about the MCC and MCML
- Interact with visitors to the C2 Shop & Gallery, providing information about the work and the artists, showing work to customers, and making sales
- Handling cash and using the Square sales software (operated through an Ipad)
- Assisting with inventory and with re-stocking merchandise and packaging
- Light cleaning and dusting
- Following the guidelines and procedures for the C2 Shop
- Working effectively with MCC and MCML staff
- Other duties as assigned and as possible based on individual skill sets and time available
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of the C2 Shop and Gallery's sensitive and private information to which you may have access
- Volunteers commit to a regular weekly or bi-weekly shift.
- Shift hours are 12 – 4 pm, Wednesday to Saturday – Saturdays are our most urgent need
- 6-12 month commitment is preferred
For more information, please visit https://c2centreforcraft.ca/get-involved/volunteer/
Or contact Cailyn Harrison, C2 Volunteer Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Manitoba Craft Council (MCC) & Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library (MCML) Social Media Teams
- Manitoba Craft Council (MCC) & Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library (MCML) Membership Coordinators
- MCML IT Technician
Dozens of volunteers assist C2 Centre for Craft, Manitoba Craft Council and Manitoba Crafts Museum & Library in any given year. The benefits for volunteers include acquiring new skills, putting learning into practice, experiencing an exciting work environment, and meeting new people. Besides, it's fun!
Volunteers provide valuable service to the C2 Centre and both organizations through direct assistance to staff, outreach and fundraising or the delivery of school and public programs. Volunteers share their time, abilities, knowledge, and enthusiasm by working with or explaining C2 Centre's services, extensive collections, programming and exhibitions and the C2 Shop with the public.
The work is greatly appreciated and is both rewarding and fulfilling to the volunteer. Some of the tasks performed by our volunteers include directing hands-on craft and design activities for kids and adults, attending to the C2 Retail Shop & galleries, engaging the community at special events & programming, expanding our voice through marketing & communications, aiding in day-to-day operations, and so much more! Learn More Here!
C2 Centre for Craft: 1-329 Cumberland Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 1T2 | 204.615.3951 | c2centreforcraft.ca