2024 Research Residency Call for Submissions
To apply, please submit the following information in PDF form by email with the subject line: Research Residency Submission to [email protected]
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Friday, December 1, 2023
1.Contact information: Full name, preferred pronouns, email, address, phone number.
2. A description of the research inquiry (800 words max.): Explain the inspiration for your inquiry, how it fits into your current practice. Discuss your research questions and your proposed research process.
3. CV (two-pages max. per CV): For collaborations, please include one CV per collaborator.
4. Biography of the lead artist(s) (each 250 words max.): If you are selected, this text will be used for promotional purposes (press release, website, social media, etc.).
5. Two items of support material: This can include recent dance or movement work/research, or relevant materials to provide context for your research proposal. Support material can be sent in the form of weblinks (Vimeo, Youtube, bandcamp) or attached PDF documents or small files with your emailed application. (***Google Drive links and not PDF documents will not be accepted.***) The jury will be asked to spend no more than 8 minutes on each submission’s support material. Please provide information on what you would like the jury to focus on if you are providing material that is longer than 4 minutes/1 written page/5 images each.
6. Budget: This is a critical part of the application. Make sure you are allocating enough funds towards maintaining a professional rate for all collaborators. YLDE suggests using the following guideline for dance artist fees – The CADA/West recommended MINIMUM for an hourly wage is $30.00/hr for professional artists. Materials, mentorship/consultation, travel costs, and specific requirements should also be considered in the budget. Note: YLDE covers up to 40 hours of studio rental outside of $4,000 artist fee.
For questions, including further accessibility funds information, please do not hesitate to contact Zorya Arrow at [email protected].