The Children’s Museum exists to spark kids’ creative learning. As a non-profit charitable organization, we believe in the potential of all children and provide an interactive learning environment that nurtures the power of imagination and spirit of self-discovery.
The Gallery Attendant is responsible for providing exemplary customer service to all museum visitors and guests. The Gallery Attendant will focus on ensuring that the museum is presentable, clean, and welcoming to all guests. Reporting to the Museum Services Manager and supporting the Guest Services Interpreters, the Gallery Attendant helps to ensure that all museum guests and visitors have a positive experience.
Department: Visitor Experience
Reports To: Museum Services Manager
Hours: 7 – 28 hours weekly (Daytime and evening availability required)
Wage: $15.30 – $16.30 per hour
• Maintaining operational standards in the museum and galleries
• Providing customer service and assistance to all guests and visitors
• Providing assistance to the Guest Services Interpreters in regard to the museum’s rental programs and birthday parties
• Other duties as assigned
• Completed or currently attending high school
• Experience in a customer service role
• Experience working with children and families
• Experience in commercial cleaning
• Ability to effectively communicate in an enthusiastic and engaging manner with children and adults in a non-traditional educational environment
• Problem-solving skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time
• Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
• Cultural awareness and sensitivity to working with staff, volunteers, and other stakeholders with a wide variety of needs.
• Ability to work in both official languages an asset
Conditions of Employment
• Acceptable results on a Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) and Child Abuse Registry Check. Checks must be received in advance of start date.
• Forward resume and cover letter outlining suitability for this position to Kristen McCowan, Museum Services Manager, at [email protected].
• The Children’s Museum is committed to fostering a working environment that supports diversity, equity, and inclusion; and welcomes applications from all, especially those from under-represented groups. If you require accommodation when applying, please contact [email protected].
• Monday, November 20, 2023 at 4:30PM