General Manager – Job Opportunity
Agassiz Chamber Music Festival
The Agassiz Chamber Music Festival is seeking an energetic, competent and friendly individual to serve as General Manager for Agassiz Music, Inc. Work experience in the arts or in the cultural sector would be an advantage. The applicant must have the ability to drive projects forward and deliver work as part of a team toward a shared set of goals and demonstrate competence with regards to accounting procedures and practices. All work is done from the applicant's home using her or his own computer and printer.
The annual Festival takes place in June. The activities of the General Manager and the meetings with committees and the board carry on throughout the year.
- Participates in the ongoing development of the strategic plan, in collaboration with the Artistic Director and the Board
- Develops a budget for the Festival in consultation with the Artistic Director and Executive, and with final approval from the Board. The General Manager works within the framework of that budget
- Prepares grant applications and sources out new funding opportunities.
- Assumes responsibility for all licenses and contracts – including artist contracts, any CBC contracts and venue contracts.
- Works with the Artistic Director assuming responsibility for concert production – books concert and rehearsal venues, sources people for recording and livestreaming, checks sound and lighting requirements, books piano tunings, keeps track of rehearsal schedules. Books hotels for artists and with assistance from the Volunteer Coordinator ensures all artists chauffeuring arrangements are organized
- Works with the Artistic Director and Executive, assessing ability to hire a marketing manager.
- Works with the Chair of Marketing and Artistic Director - establishes goals, develops a marketing plan for the Festival and the Fundraiser and provides information in establishing a budget. This plan, with assistance from the graphic artist and the social media person, would include responsibility for updated website, press releases, interviews with the media, public service announcements, coordinating distribution of publicity materials and producing a printed or digital program. The GM organizes ticketing matters and keeps accurate records of ticket information. The GM is responsible for maintaining the overall branding, image and design of the Agassiz brand in all public communication.
- Works with the Chair of Fundraising, developing a fundraising plan - provides information for establishing budget and fundraising goals for corporate as well as private fundraising, endowment gifts and special fundraising projects. This includes providing donor information, preparing letters and enclosures for digital and snail mail circulation, emailing invitations for receptions and organizing board acknowledgements for donations. Sources best prices for products, services and equipment rentals as related to receptions. Accurate record keeping is required.
- Supports the work of the Volunteer Coordinator who looks after front of house requirements and chauffeuring of artists.
- Serves as an ex-officio member on the Board and its committees.
The General Manager shall report to the President of Agassiz Music, Inc. The position is renewed on an annual basis coinciding with the organization’s fiscal year, September 1 to August 31. For the current year, the contract would run January 1, 2022 to August 31, 2022 (with adjusted pay scale).
- Arts Administration experience
- Ability to do all work from home residence
- Initiative, strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in stressful situations
- Time management skills
- Negotiating skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, and weekends as required
- Technically literate
Salary Range: $12,000-$15,000 annually (depending on website posting and social media expertise)
To apply, please send a cover letter and resumé to the attention of Rita Menzies, President, at [email protected]