The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is seeking a full-time Stewardship Officer to join our team. Are you an effective communicator and have a flair for positive relationship building? Energetic, genuine, and detail-driven candidates are encouraged to apply. Ideal candidates are self-starters, skilled-writers, and have direct fundraising experience. With your meticulous attention to detail, creative mindset, and willingness to learn, you will thrive in this role.
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is committed to an inclusive and diverse environment that values, respects and supports all individuals. We aim to have a workforce representative of the diversity within our community, and welcome and encourage applicants from various backgrounds including women, Indigenous people, racialized people, disabled people, people of all sexual and gender identities and others who may contribute to further diversification endeavors.
As the Stewardship Officer, you develop and implement stewardship strategies to strengthen long-term relationships with donors, partners, and sponsors while ensuring an exceptional donation experience. Collaboratively working with many RWB departments, in this position you strive to maintain strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
HIGHLIGHTED DUTIES OF THE ROLE
• Alongside the Development Team, create and implement highly customized stewardship plans for donors, partners,
• Recognize donors for their contributions and offer engagement opportunities to thank them and deepen their
relationship with the RWB.
• Ensure fulfillment of all donor, partner, and sponsor benefits according to their Agreements.
• Identify and implement new and best practices for stewardship planning and processes.
• Ensure donor signage for physical spaces are accurate, installed, and maintained.
• Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the donor recognition and naming opportunities inventory.
• Maintain the RWB gift acceptance policy; recommend plans and policies on naming recognition commitments of the
• Complete and maintain terms of reference and donor agreements for annual and endowed scholarships.
• With the Individual Giving Officer, maintain membership records for the Lloyd and Farrally Society; ensure members
are welcomed and stewarded for their planned gifts.
• Support development activities at all RWB Company and School performances; lead organizing efforts for all
stewardship events and provide support for the Ballet Ball.
• With the Development Coordinator, produce targeted mailing lists for communications and invitations.
• Create and produce targeted stewardship and engagement communications including quarterly donor newsletters.
The Stewardship Officer works with standard office equipment and sits for long period of time performing keyboarding activities. This position requires ongoing face to face, phone, email, and written communication with internal and external stakeholders. Work outside of regular office hours is required during evenings and weekends.
WHAT YOU BRING
• Post-secondary education in a related field, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Experience in a non-profit organization; preferably with fundraising experience.
• Working knowledge of, or willingness to learn, InDesign, Microsoft Office, and Photoshop.
• Demonstrated experience using a donor database management system (Raisers Edge, Sales-Force, and Tessitura)
• Experience working in a Customer Service environment.
• Demonstrated project coordination experience desirable.
• Experience and/or interest in the arts and cultural sector an asset.
• Strong verbal communication skills.
• Exceptional written communication skills.
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail and well-developed organizational skills.
• Effective project management skills.
• Sound decision-making and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.
• Effective and positive team player with the ability to build and maintain relationships with various stakeholders.
• Sound initiative, self-motivation, and the ability to work independently.
• Organized and deadline-driven with a strong desire to learn and succeed.
If you are qualified for this position, visit https://www.rwb.org/who-we-are... for application instructions. Candidates must submit a cover letter that showcases your personality and fit for the role, and resume. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is committed to providing accessible employment while ensuring our recruitment process is barrier free. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates participating in all aspects of the assessment and selection process. Requests for accommodation can be sent to [email protected].
Closing Date: Open Until Filled.
As part of the Royal Winnipeg Ballet hiring process, successful candidates will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and submit a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.