Public Art Tours
Get outside and explore our city through public art… Free walking, cycling and bus tours are back!
Join us on a tour this summer and learn about the artwork you pass by every day… What is it made of? Why is it there? What does it mean? Some works are fun, colourful and interactive, and some encourage quiet contemplation. Join us on an informative excursion and get to know the artwork that punctuates and brightens our city!
Choose your adventure and reserve a spot here, or by clicking on the tour name below.
- Sunday, May 29, 1 pm, Doors Open: Architecture and Art, 2 h, 2 km
- Sunday, Jul 3, 2 pm, Old City Stories, 1.5 h, 2.5 km
- Sunday, Jul 10, 2 pm, Celebrate the City, 1.5 h, 1 km
- Monday, Aug 1, 10 am, West End, 1.5 h, 1km
- Friday, Aug 5, 7 pm, First Friday Exchange District, 1.5 h, 2 km
- Sunday, Aug 7, 2 pm, Old City Stories, 1.5 h, 2.5 km
- Thursday, Aug 18, 8 pm, Night Lights, 1.5 h, 3 km
- Friday, Sep 2, 7 pm, First Friday Exchange District, 1.5 h, 2 km
- Sunday, Jul 17, 2 pm, BLUE Line Rapid Transit, 2h, 4.5 km
- Sunday, Aug 21, 2 pm, BLUE Line Rapid Transit, 2h, 4.5 km
- Sunday, Sep 18, 2 pm, BLUE Line Rapid Transit, 2h, 4.5 km
- Saturday, Jun 11, 2 pm, South Winnipeg Bike Week, 2 h, 16 km
- Thursday, Jun 30, 7 pm, BLUE Line Rapid Transit, 2 h, 13 km
- Saturday, Jul 30, 1 pm, North Winnipeg, 2.5 h, 13 km
- Saturday, Aug 13, 2 pm, St. Boniface and Downtown, 2h, 7 km
- Thursday, Aug 25, 7 pm, BLUE Line Rapid Transit, 2 h, 13 km
- Sunday, Sep 4, 11 am, South Winnipeg, 2h, 16 km
Bike tour participants are responsible to provide a bike and helmet.
Tours will run as scheduled rain or shine, but will be cancelled in the event of a storm.
Please respect physical distancing and stay home if you feel unwell. Face masks are encouraged.
You can keep the public art tours fun going all year long with our Winnipeg Public Art Works app! Download it at the App Store or on Google Play.
Private Guided Public Art Tours
The Winnipeg Arts Council offers private tours of public art for school groups, corporate outings, and other events. These tours are subject to staff availability and on a by-donation basis, with donations being used to further the work of the Winnipeg Arts Council in making the arts accessible to all.
Please contact tamara rae biebrich at [email protected] for more details.