Jane’s Walk Winnipeg
Jane's Walk 2023 info coming soon...
We believe that sharing a walk (or ride or roll) is a powerful tool for community change, and we hope that you'll take part...
Jane's Walk is an annual festival of free, citizen-led walking conversations inspired by Jane Jacobs. On the first weekend of May every year, Jane's Walk festivals take place in hundreds of cities around the world. Jane's Walks encourage people to share stories about their neighbourhoods and discover unseen aspects of their communities. Celebrating Jane's ideas and principles, we encourage walking together to create connections between creativity and community, to engage experiences as both observers and participants, and for shared reflection, questioning, and re-imagining.
Jane's Walk 2022 was held from May 6th - 8th, 2022. The 2022 festival was a hybrid event that featured both live and virtual walks.
Join a walk in person or choose a map and head out on your own. All Jane's Walk virtual walk maps are accessible throughout Jane's Walk weekend and beyond. Come back and try a new route anytime!
The Jane's Walk festival takes place annually the first weekend of May.
The walk library is always open! Self-guided and virtual walks can be done at your leisure, alone or with friends or family.
Winnipeg Walking Trails, Maps & Resources
Winnipeg organizations have developed a wide variety of resources to help guide you around our city:
- Bike Winnipeg's Self-Guided Bike Tours
- Central Winnipeg Bike Loop
- The Exchange District BIZ audio tours
- The Forks, a self-guided audio tour
- Heritage Winnipeg 1919 Strike Tours
- The Loop Downtown Walking Trail
- Manitoba Historical Society Walking Tours
- Manitoba legislative building, grounds, memorial park and memorial boulevard
- Seven Oaks and Ross House
- St. Boniface Historical Tour
- A tour of Regent Avenue, Transcona's old business district
- Upper Fort Garry
- Walking Winnipeg’s Past – 6,000 Years in Eight Sites
- West Broadway BIZ Walking Map
- West End BIZ online mural tour
- Where Magazine Louis Riel Walking Tour
- Winnipeg Architecture Foundation Mobile-Friendly Tours and Archi10 App
- Winnipeg Architecture Foundation Kids Maps
- Winnipeg Trails Association
- Winnipeg Public Art Works mobile app
- THIS PLACE Public Art Tour
- Millennium Library Public Art Tour
- BLUE Line Public Art Tour