Winnipeg Film Group: Technical & Training Coordinator, Application Deadline August 18
TECHNICAL & TRAINING COORDINATOR
35 hours per week
Monday to Friday, with occasional evening and weekend work required.
Salary: $33,000 with a raise expected in the first year.
Application Closing Date: August 18th, 2022.
Start Date: ASAP
We encourage all applications from Indigenous, Black, racialized, disabled and Queer/trans/2 Spirit persons. Applicants can self-identify in their cover letters. We welcome all applicants with a wide range of experience to apply as well.
Contact [email protected] with any requests for accommodation during the hiring process.
ABOUT THE WINNIPEG FILM GROUP
The Winnipeg Film Group (WFG) is an artist-run, non-profit media arts organization. Operating as a unique and dynamic media arts centre for nearly 50 years the WFG supports filmmakers and audiences locally, nationally, and internationally. Learn more at www.winnipegfilmgroup.com
TECHNICAL & TRAINING COORDINATOR
The Winnipeg Film Group is looking for a permanent, full-time Technical & Training Coordinator.
Reporting to Production Department management, the Technical & Training Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating equipment and facilities bookings and assisting in the administration of production funding and training programs. The incumbent will work closely with the Technical & Equipment Manager with the rentals and maintenance of production equipment and facilities, workshop set-up and payment processing. The Technical & Training Coordinator will assist the Production Programs Manager in coordinating seasonal workshops during the year that fulfill basic filmmaking and post-production education, and will support the administration of various production funding programs. The incumbent will work collaboratively with the Production team on production equipment acquisitions and maintenance, facility management and community relations to build capacity and efficiency through the professionalization of the Production Centre.
The ideal candidate will be community-oriented, with intermediate technical knowledge and experience with film production equipment and post-production software. The incumbent will enjoy being part of a creative and enthusiastic team, working to carry out best practices in the Production Centre and the mission of the organization.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Coordinating the rentals of production equipment and facilities; invoicing and processing payments including new memberships and renewals.
- Coordinating seasonal filmmaking training programs that includes assisting in the booking of instructors, workshop development, set-up, facilitation and other related duties.
- Supporting the Production Programs Manager in the administration of the various production funds.
- Liaising with Winnipeg Film Group community groups, encouraging and informing members about funding or other opportunities such as the access bursary program.
- Upholding the Winnipeg Film Group's Safer Spaces, and Discrimination and Harassment Policies throughout all of the Production Centre's programming, activities and initiatives.
- Upholding technical best practices and professionalism in the Production Centre.
- Assisting the Production Centre Director and Technical and Equipment Manager when necessary.
- Performing administrative and bookkeeping tasks for the Production Centre when necessary.
- Candidates with a degree related to filmmaking or 2+ years of relevant production and post-production experience are preferred.
- Strong technical acumen: experience with handling camera equipment and grip gear, which includes packing properly for travel; working knowledge of post-production workflow, software, and software updates/upgrades.
- Effective organizational skills; ability to prioritize activities, manage multiple tasks within deadlines, demonstrated attention to detail and act with minimal supervision.
- Must be highly reliable, self-motivated, engaging and personable with the ability to interface with a diverse membership.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency working within both PC and Mac computer systems.
- Proficiency in MS Office or Google software (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- A solid understanding of Wordpress, Twitter, Facebook & Instagram.
- Proficiency in French and/or an Indigenous language is an asset.
- QuickBooks and other financial record-keeping is an asset.
- Knowledge and competency in the technologies used in media arts including analog equipment is an asset.
The WFG provides a Comprehensive Benefits Package that includes sick time, 3 weeks' vacation to start, extra time off at Christmas, access to group benefits package (after 3 months), and access to a matching RRSP plan (after one year). Travel and Professional Development opportunities will be available.
The WFG will contribute up to $1,000 for relocation costs for someone moving from out
of province, provided they are able to begin working remotely as soon as possible and are committed to move to Manitoba no later than September 30, 2022.
Please email a single document with your cover letter & resume to [email protected] with the job title as the subject line.
Thank you for your interest. Due to volume only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.