Royal Winnipeg Ballet: Part-Time Boarding Advisor, Application Deadline August 12
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet teaches, creates and performs, enriching lives through the power of exceptional dance...become a part of that power...
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is seeking a part-time Boarding Advisor to join our team. This position is well suited for those who enjoy supporting and inspiring young artists and who thrive in a team setting. Candidates have a background in child and youth care and understand the importance of well-being and development. This position is ideal for those who exude a positive disposition, enjoy taking initiative, and have sound interpersonal skills.
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is committed to inclusive, and diversity based accessible employment practices. All employment practices and activities are conducted on a non-discriminatory, safe, and respectful basis. The RWB is committed to the enrichment and diversity of our community.
As a part-time Boarding Advisor, you are responsible for providing a safe, healthy, and supportive environment for student borders ages 11-18 during evening, weekend, and overnight hours. In this position, you work closely as a team to provide around-the-clock supervision to student borders, and occasional supervision of non-boarding school students during select activities and events, supporting and enhancing all aspects of student life and programming.
HIGHLIGHTED DUTIES OF THE ROLE
- Provide supervision and care to students.
- Act as a role model for students.
- Support meaningful inclusion and active participation of all individuals within the community.
- Conduct individual and group check-ins to ensure optimal safety and well-being of students.
- Assist in aspects of care for students, ensure completion of chores, homework, and other required undertakings.
- Plan and execute activities, events, and implement systems and routines for students.
- Drive and walk students to and from academic school, appointments, activities, and events.
- Forward concerns raised by students and parents/guardians as appropriate.
- Apply appropriate discipline for students in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Respond to crisis situations and assist with crisis response and management as required.
- Provide language support for students in which English is an additional language.
- General administration such as record keeping and note taking.
- This position works in a Student Boarding setting interacting, observing, and supporting students. Ongoing communication with internal and external stakeholders, flexibility with changing/shifting priorities and timely decision making are required.
- Boarding Advisors utilize general office equipment, industrial cleaning supplies and require the ability lift/move heavy items weighing up to 22 KG (50lbs) such as furniture or luggage.
- A minimum of one overnight shift per week may be required.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Post-secondary degree/diploma an asset.
- Background in child and youth care, social work, psychology, education/teacher assisting, nursing, or a related field.
- Minimum one (1) year experience working with children or young adults.
- Valid class IV driver's license; or willing and eligible to obtain within three (3) months of employment.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification; or willing to obtain within three (3) months of employment.
- Certification in English as an Additional Language instruction preferred. Ability to speak and write in other languages an asset.
- Familiarity with professional dance training an asset.
- Good understanding of the welfare and development of children.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and encourage students and staff.
- Caring, nurturing, trustworthy, and authoritative figure.
If you are qualified for this position, visit https://www.rwb.org/who-we-are/careers-and-auditions/ for application instructions. Candidates must submit a cover letter that showcases your personality and fit for the role, and resume. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is committed to providing accessible employment while ensuring our recruitment process is barrier free. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates participating in all aspects of the assessment and selection process.
Closing Date: 4:00PM August 12, 2022
As part of the Royal Winnipeg Ballet hiring process, successful candidates will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and submit a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.