Guided Tours of Winnipeg Public Art
2023 Summer Tours
Get outside and explore our city through public art… Free walking, cycling and bus tours are back!
Join us on a tour this summer and learn about the artwork you pass by every day… What is it made of? Why is it there? What does it mean? Some works are fun, colourful, and interactive, and some encourage quiet contemplation. Join us on an informative excursion and get to know the artwork that punctuates and brightens our city!
Choose your adventure and reserve a spot here, or by clicking on the tour name below.
- Saturday, May 27, 1 pm, Doors Open: Architecture and Art, 2 h, 2 km
- Sunday, May 28, 1 pm, Doors Open: Architecture and Art, 2 h, 2 km
- Monday, June 19, 6 pm, ArtWalk: Unveiling Winnipeg's History through Public Art, 2.5 h, 3.3 km
- Thursday, June 22, 6 pm, ArtWalk: Public Art in Context, 2.5 hours, 2.5 km
- Tuesday, July 4, 6 pm, ArtWalk: Millennium Library Mini Tour, 1.5 h
- Wednesday, July 19, 6 pm, ArtWalk: Unveiling Winnipeg’s History through Public Art, 2.5 h, 3.3 km
- Saturday, July 22, 11 am, ArtWalk: Public Art in Community, 2h, 2.2 km
- Sunday, July 30, 1 pm, ArtWalk: Public Art in Context, 2.5 hours, 2.5 km
- Friday, August 4, 5:30 pm, ArtWalk: First Fridays in the Exchange, 2 h, 2.5 km
- Wednesday, August 9, 6:30pm, ArtWalk: Art in the Centre of our City, 2 h, 2.1 km
- Saturday, August 26, 11am ArtWalk: Celebrating our City Stories, 2 h, 1.6 km
- Friday, September 1, 5:30 pm, ArtWalk: First Fridays in the Exchange, 2 h, 2.5 km
- Thursday, June 29, 6:30 pm, ArtRide: St Boniface & Downtown, 2.5 h
- Sunday, July 16, 10 am, ArtRide: South Winnipeg, 2.5 h
- Thursday, July 20, 6:30 pm, ArtRide: BLUE Line, 3 h
- Sunday, August 6, 10 am, ArtRide: West Winnipeg, 2.5 h
- Saturday, August 19, 10 am, ArtRide: North Winnipeg, 3 h
- Sunday, September 3, 6:30 pm, ArtRide: BLUE Line, 3 h
- Thursday, September 7, 6 pm, Projects in Parks Bike Tour with Storefront/WAC/Design Fest/Bike Winnipeg 3 h
Bring your own bike and helmet. Thanks to Bike Winnipeg volunteers for providing safety marshalls to direct us.
Looking to rent a bike? Check out Bike Winnipeg's website.
Hop on and off Winnipeg Transit with us as we tour artworks along the rapid transit way!
- Sunday, June 25, 2 pm, ArtBus: BLUE Line, 3h
- Sunday, July 23, 2 pm, ArtBus: BLUE Line, 3h
- Sunday, August 13, 2 pm, ArtBus: BLUE Line, 3h
Tours will run as scheduled rain or shine, but will be canceled in the event of a storm.
You can keep the public art tours fun going all year long with our Winnipeg Public Art Works app! Download it at the App Store or on Google Play.
Private Guided Public Art Tours
The Winnipeg Arts Council offers private tours of public art for school groups, corporate outings, and other events. These tours are subject to staffing availability and on a by-donation basis, with donations being used to further the work of the Winnipeg Arts Council in making the arts accessible to all.
Please contact tamara rae biebrich at [email protected] for more details.